Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » here we go Steelers, here we go!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

here we go Steelers, here we go!

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:11 pm

With the dismal way the season started, who would have thunk we could have hope for a playoff spot on the final Sunday of the regular season? I, for one, am putting aside all misgivings about coaching, management, drafting, and contracts for one day and rooting fanatically for a Stillers' victory, and losses by the rats, fish, and bolts.
This season didn't quite go the way I had expected, but many thanks to all the staff at Stillers.com for keeping the hilarious and informative articles flowing, and thanks to all my fellow participants for helping keep hope alive during what was, at times, a very trying season.
May God bless you all and bring you a happy new year...and a playoff spot.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: here we go Steelers, here we go!

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:15 pm

isfry wrote:With the dismal way the season started, who would have thunk we could have hope for a playoff spot on the final Sunday of the regular season? I, for one, am putting aside all misgivings about coaching, management, drafting, and contracts for one day and rooting fanatically for a Stillers' victory, and losses by the rats, fish, and bolts.

At this point the draft status is gone... I have a feeling that whatever the score we will only change LeBeau... No Matter what.

Next year it's a different story...

Anyway... let's start with some bad news... Worlids is out. I have no idea who is starting as OLB...

Hall of Famer

Re: here we go Steelers, here we go!

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

That's okay. He'll be fresh for the playoff run, then. :)

Seriously, though, beating the brownies in Pitt is probably the most likely of the four scenarios we need to play out today. The team needs to focus, obviously, on the one game they can control and let the cards fall as they may elsewhere. As a fan, on the other hand, I am focusing more anxious energy on the dolphins game in the morning and, if relevant, the chargers game late. I expect the Steelers to make easy work of the brownies, and I expect Baltimore to shit the bed in cincy.

Return to Stillers Talk