Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Bouchette Shills for Plagiarized Book....By Steel Paladin

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Bouchette Shills for Plagiarized Book....By Steel Paladin

Postby StillMill » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am

http://stillers.com/Article/View/26e7dd ... bbdf8677e9 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Bouchette Shills for Plagiarized Book....By Steel Paladi

Postby Pommah » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Wow...pretty blatant. He's only getting away with it because most people have forgotten about Blount's tome.

If you consider yourself a Steeler fan, you need to read the book. Roy Blount Jr. was a Sports Illustrated writer who spent the 1973 season with the Steelers. After their first successful playoff season in '72, many expected the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl in 1973. The season started out well with the Stillers 8-1, but then they faded in the end going 2-3. They made the playoffs as the wild card but got beat in Oakland by the Gayders, even though they had beaten them earlier in season in Oakland. The eventual Super Bowl winner that year was Miami (who had beaten the Stillers earlier in the season based on two pick-6's as Bradshaw had not quite fully matured) winning their 2nd SB in a row on 3 straight SB appearances. That run might have been extended - at the Stillers' SB expense - had not three outstanding Miami players, Larry Csonka (HoF), Paul Warfield (HoF), and Jim Kiick taken off for more money from the Memphis Southmen of the upstart World Football League. If only Blount's season with the Stillers had been 1974, maybe the effort behind this excellent read would be more recognized.

If the Stillers of the 70's is just ancient lore to you, you didn't have the good fortune to live it, go read the book, it will give you the best taste of what it was like and the characters involved.

Practice Squad

Postby MeanJoeLean70 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Is this supposed to be a legitimate Steelers website? Are posts fact checked or even reviewed by someone with basic human intelligence? Im embarrassed by the pure idiocy of "Still Mill." I've been lurking and reading this site for a while now and previously enjoyed some of the articles, but now, I will never be back here again. It took true stupidity for me to make an account so enjoy my only comment.

In his article, Steel Paladin makes several bold, slanderous, and borderline scummy statements about the author of "Their Life's Work." Calling an author a plagiarist is the heaviest accusation one can make.

Not only does Steel Paladin hide behind his computer screen typing under an fictitious name, he comes out with statements that make him seem either, savagely retarded, or illiterate.

I'm not sure if he read the nearly 1000 endnotes, 51 pages at the end of the book giving credit to where it's due.

Roy Blount read this book. The same one you are bashing. Loved it. Then wrote a positive review which is featured on the book's back cover. How did someone so determined to write a negative review not actually do his research? This is why the internet fails us everyday. You have cretins like Steel Paladin starting a witch hunt under false pretenses.

Roy Blounts book is absolutely a classic. No doubt about it. That we can agree on.

BUT, when you write crap like:

"You know, with a just a little attribution, I wouldn't have my boxers in a twist, and Bouchette wouldn't have to pimp, dance and ignore righteous criticism."

Well maybe with a little reading you wouldn't have made such a fucking stupid ass comment.

Cheers scum.

-An embarrassed Steeler Fan.

Oh and by the way, Bouchette is considered one of the best NFL beat writers in history. You sound like a sad, lonely, scumbag.

Practice Squad

Postby Big_Bens_Brutha » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:28 pm

This post is sad. Still Mill says "With just a little attribution, I wouldn't have my boxers in a twist." I can tell that Still Mill can't write, but it seems that he can't read either. In the first instance, the author of Their Life's Work attributes the Noll story to Roy Blount in an end note on Page 404. And he attributes other stories in the book to Blount, too. And the author interviewed Blount among hundreds of interviews. Roy Blount then read this book and complimented it on the back jacket. This book is VERY well documented, more well documented than any Steeler book EVER written. I loved this book. Let's see, among those praising this book for its writing and its research are Peter King, Frank Deford, David Maraniss, Gene Collier and many others. Ripping the book is Still Mill, though even he admits the book has merit. I think that you, Still Mill, can straight out your boxers, admit that you never saw the extensive end notes and then apologize to the author.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 am

Given the evidence that Mill provided, only a kool-aid drinking yinzer would think this book wasn't plagiarized.

Similarly, only a complete fool would think the previous 2 posters are not the same person, given you "both" happened to join and post on the same days. You aren't fooling anyone, sorry to say. :sufu:

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Steelers76 wrote:Given the evidence that Mill provided, only a kool-aid drinking yinzer would think this book wasn't plagiarized.

Similarly, only a complete fool would think the previous 2 posters are not the same person, given you "both" happened to join and post on the same days. You aren't fooling anyone, sorry to say. :sufu:

Yup, the "two" posters above are actually the same person. I checked the IPs, and each poster has the EXACT same IP address. What a tool. :sushootem:

For the record, I did not write the article in question. A guest writer, Steel Paladin, wrote it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Did the two posters happen to be Ed Douchette?

Return to Stillers Talk