Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Help me out here....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Help me out here....

Postby bigjoespompano » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Something is really bugging me about this team and it appears to 'raise interest' amongst my non-Steeler friends. I was in a close Fantasy playoff game and was several points behind. By kickoff, All I had left was Bell and he had Green (WR) from Cincy. As the game progressed, Bell ran real well and he helped me close the gap on my opponent. By the end of the third quarter, I was sure I was going to overtake this guy the way Bell was Playing (And my opponent thought so too...) Then 'ZIP!" Bell disappears and I wind up losing by a mere four points! What the Hell happened??? He was doing GREAT!!! WHY the &^%$#@! did they take him out??? He wasn't injured and we did get into the Red Zone several times where his talents could have been used. But no. He goes to the bench and my Fantasy season goes to Hell. WHY OH ^&^%$$ WHY do the Coaches do ^&%$# like this??? It's been going on with this team for years. A guy has a GREAT game and is blowing people off the ball and they take him out! I've NEVER seen this happen with any other team, just us. What is the ''thinking' behind these actions? Does anybody have an answer??

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Help me out here....

Postby Ohio » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:15 pm

bigjoespompano wrote:Something is really bugging me about this team and it appears to 'raise interest' amongst my non-Steeler friends. I was in a close Fantasy playoff game and was several points behind. By kickoff, All I had left was Bell and he had Green (WR) from Cincy. As the game progressed, Bell ran real well and he helped me close the gap on my opponent. By the end of the third quarter, I was sure I was going to overtake this guy the way Bell was Playing (And my opponent thought so too...) Then 'ZIP!" Bell disappears and I wind up losing by a mere four points! What the Hell happened??? He was doing GREAT!!! WHY the &^%$#@! did they take him out??? He wasn't injured and we did get into the Red Zone several times where his talents could have been used. But no. He goes to the bench and my Fantasy season goes to Hell. WHY OH ^&^%$$ WHY do the Coaches do ^&%$# like this??? It's been going on with this team for years. A guy has a GREAT game and is blowing people off the ball and they take him out! I've NEVER seen this happen with any other team, just us. What is the ''thinking' behind these actions? Does anybody have an answer??

Hi joe... No fan of fantasy football. Anyway the only explanations that I can have regarding Bell is that they want to keep a Number of touches per game. I think that after the problems Tomlin had with Fast Willie Parker after "riding his wheels " ( or whatever bullshi Tomlin said about it ) he became very cautious with the RB position.

Just my thought

Return to Stillers Talk