Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Huzzah! Closer to the PLAYOFF

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Huzzah! Closer to the PLAYOFF

Postby Ohio » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:07 am

Let me recap. In order to make it to the 6th seed the Steelers NEED :

DOLPHINS to lose the last two games

JETS to win against the Dolphins and the Browns ( In case they lose against the Browns we are out )

CHARGERS To lose one of the two remaining

RAVENS to lose two out of three

and... Most difficult thing... THEY NEED TO WIN TWO...

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Huzzah! Closer to the PLAYOFF

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:18 am

Amazing that a team that bad still has a shot, no matter how small, at post-season play. Becoming like the NHL or NBA

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Pommah wrote:Amazing that a team that bad still has a shot, no matter how small, at post-season play. Becoming like the NHL or NBA

I agree Pommah. The only difference in the NFL is that anything can happen on any given Sunday. As there are no guaranteed money or contracts players and coaches are playing for a job as of now. I think it is the first time in my life I hear of a healthy starting QB * RGIII benched preparing for 2014...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Wait. We need the Jets to win? Is that so they leapfrog Miami, and we have the tiebreaker over NY but not Miami? I'm confused. Do the Jets get ahead of Miami based on Divisional tiebreaking procedures and then we get ahead of the Jets based on non-divisional tiebreaking procedures (i.e., we beat them)? Never mind, I think I just answered my own question...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:29 am

isfry wrote:Wait. We need the Jets to win? Is that so they leapfrog Miami, and we have the tiebreaker over NY but not Miami? I'm confused. Do the Jets get ahead of Miami based on Divisional tiebreaking procedures and then we get ahead of the Jets based on non-divisional tiebreaking procedures (i.e., we beat them)? Never mind, I think I just answered my own question...

And the calculation are very complicated now. For us it is very simple. We need a win and :

CHARGERS, RAVENS, DOLPHINS to lose.

It is going to be very tough.

The Chargers have it like us. They need to win and everybody else to lose out. Ravens and Dolphins... Well ... It gets complicated.

Anyway 99 % of chances are that either the Ravens or the Dolphins will make it. I do not see how not one, not two but THREE teams lose meaningless end of the season games.

ANOTHER IMMACULATE RECEPTION ?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 am

Actually, I think SD is in the best spot. The Chiefs are the one team with no way to change seeds in the AFC. Thet have nothing to play for. The rats, on the other hand, go into Cincy, where the Bungles are 5-0 and still have hope for the #2 seed. If yesterday was any indication, anything is possible next week. Nice to have hope in week 17.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:03 am

isfry wrote:Actually, I think SD is in the best spot. The Chiefs are the one team with no way to change seeds in the AFC. Thet have nothing to play for. The rats, on the other hand, go into Cincy, where the Bungles are 5-0 and still have hope for the #2 seed. If yesterday was any indication, anything is possible next week. Nice to have hope in week 17.

I agree - I think all the other outcomes are quite possible - but KC will fade it to SD on SD home turf. You watch - they will pull Jamal Charles after the 1st quarter

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

isfry wrote:Actually, I think SD is in the best spot. The Chiefs are the one team with no way to change seeds in the AFC. Thet have nothing to play for. The rats, on the other hand, go into Cincy, where the Bungles are 5-0 and still have hope for the #2 seed. If yesterday was any indication, anything is possible next week. Nice to have hope in week 17.

I agree that San Diego will win... if they must. Let's not forget that the first three games are early games and San Diego is a late game. This means they will know if they have a chance or not.

I honestly do not see how Miami can lose, again, with the season on the line.

Baltimore, I agree is a different story. But Miami, playing against the lowly Jets are an almost guaranteed win.

Then again... I didn't think any of the last Sunday's game result was possible.

Let's see... But my chances are :

Miami 51 %
Baltimore 30 %
San Diego 18%
Pitt 1 %

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:58 am

...so you're saying I have a chance...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 pm

isfry wrote:...so you're saying I have a chance...

isfry... it's the NFL.

Everybody has a chance. Actually of the four teams I believe the Steelers would be the one with more playoff chances. That says a lot regarding the others...

Baltimore sucks. Ok, Harbaugh never gives up and has always been in the playoffs.
Miami ? Are you serious ?
San Diego ? Where is their consistency ?

They all look one and done.

The Steelers could easily lose against the Jaguars... But they are on a roll and looking quite strong. Special Team came alive. Offense is not doing too bad... Defense has a lot of limits. But it is not like a Dallas or a Chicago that give a Td per possession...

Let's see how it plays out. It is very close. But I would bet my money on Miami... We need another miracle...

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:52 pm

I am still hopeful. The Bengals want to finish strong going into the playoffs and hate the Ratbirds. A win for Cinci at home is very conceivable.

KC has been fading, and they will want to finish strong as well. I don't think they roll over for the Chargers. San Diego is turnover prone, and the Chiefs can force turnovers.

My biggest fear is relying on the Jets to win on the road against an inspired Dolphins team. But Miami did get shut out by the horrible Bills last week, which makes our loss to the Dolphins at home even more infuriating.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 pm

I went back here just to see how many games we needed...

Unnbelievable... Our season is down to one last game...

GO CHIEFS

Return to Stillers Talk