Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Ron Cook is an azzhole

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Ron Cook is an azzhole

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:47 am

Just to much. This fucking clown epitomizes the disease that I have been speaking of. There is absolutely no sizeable contingent that dislikes Tomlin because he is black. We are used to winning seasons and in the short run we grouse heavily during mediocre and down years. Yet this pinhead decides to racebait the entire city of Pittsburgh. I would bet a steel ingot that this shitforbrains has been to the Irish Castle. Hey Ron Cook - FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ron Cook is an azzhole

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:33 am

I am amazed that Cook has not 1, but TWO jobs in sports journalism. He is the epitome of what I hate about 90 percent of the superfans and shitheads here that dare call themselves "media." They are glorified P.R. agents, and Cook is at the top of the list.

Sadly, this does not surprise me. Cook always screams bloody murder anytime anyone calls for Tomlin's head, or the notion that everything was set up for him when he took this job, and he only won "with Cowher's players."

Cockface always points out Cowher's last year here in 2006, and says "Cowher wasn't winning with Cowher's players." You know, since an injury-riddled final season is a fair assessment for 14 years prior.

Of course when you point out that Cowher not only won and went to the playoffs, but won post-season games with O'Donnell, Stewart, T-Z-ack, and Maddox at QB and didn't have a franchise signal caller until his last 3 seasons,(and we saw the result of that), he has to resort to bullshit like this. I would say I hope he gets fired, but know that if he hasn't already he won't be now. Fucking moron.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Cook says: "Most scrutinized position in Pittsburgh is quarterback and second is coach." Wow. Brilliant reporting. How did he come up with that? You could substitute the name of ANY NFL CITY in there and it's just as true. What a jackass.

Secondly, I don't usually take the bait on this kinda stuff, but there is no way Cook mentions race if Tomlin is white. There is equally no way fans are screaming for Tomlin's head if he were twice as black but was leading the team to a winning record and a playoff berth this year. That's just low hanging fruit for the simple minded. What an ass.

Practice Squad

Postby rpbncb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Ron Cook and most of the Pittsburgh media continue to give Tomlin a free pass. What a joke of a so-called head coach. Mr. Cook, this has absolutely nothing to do with race. If you believe Tomlin's Thanksgiving Day stunt wasn't intentional, then you need to pull your head out of his ass so that just maybe you can see clear. Not only was it intentional, but childish, chicken-shit like you might find at a YAFL game. No one's calling for him to be fired because of this childish prank, but because of the incompetence of this moron. Since he took over, this teams identity is not Steelers anymore. Get him out before it's too late!! By the way, I don't care what color he is, I'd feel the same way if he was white, brown, purple, yellow, etc.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 pm

It took ya'll this long to figure out Ron Crook was a buffoon ? :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:26 pm

StillMill wrote:It took ya'll this long to figure out Ron Crook was a buffoon ? :lol:

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 am

Just the mere chance that a draft pick could be denied due to Tomlin's behavior makes the discussion of his removal completely and utterly legitimate. There is no spinning that. This automatically puts Ron Cook in the asshole category. He is wrong and he is a disgrace. The Post has no option but to fire his worthless ass

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Their are two types of fans. The ones that wear gold-tinted glasses and those that appreciate a site like this one. The gold-tinted people will defend any move made by the team as genius, any pronouncement as gospel, and any criticism as blasphemy. They will claim you're not a fan if you are critical of a suck-ass team, that the role of a true steeler fan is unconditional support. Every fan base has these types of supporters. These are the people who buy the Steeler tea set from NFL shop.com.

Ron Cook writes his articles to these sheep. It's journalistic laziness on his part, knowing that criticizing the fans who don't fully support the team is red meat to the mindless masses in the burgh.

That's why I'm happy this site exists. I know there is one place I can go for some honest analysis and discussion. Something different from the usual team supported P.R. bullshit that our shit don't stink from the likes of Ron Cook.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:18 pm

:suplusone: :suplusone: :suplusone:

Return to Stillers Talk