Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Jest Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Jest Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 am

Stillers-Jest Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: Stillers-Jest Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am

Nice work, Mill. Glad to see some post-win analysis. Seems like it's been forever since we had that luxury. Overall, I have to agree with just about everything you said. The refusal to go on that 4D was asinine, as was the second, identical gadget play. I also agree the team appeared more focused and cohesive than I have seen them all year, especially after the 1Q. I was also puzzled why Hill was so wide open on the overthrown deep ball. It appeared that Ike let him go as if he had help over the top but anybody could see Pola was right next to him. ??? I, personally think this was the best game BR7 has put in in a while, which was nice to see.
Anyhow, a win's a win. Scoreless 2H was nice, albeit a bit of a gift from Smith. Next week is a real barometer game. Like you said, a win and there is a glimmer. A loss and it's time to schedule some Sunday pumpkin picking with the kids...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Oh, yeah, and as far as the preening and showboating and somersaults into the end zone. That shit has got to stop. Tomlin should have torn Sanders a new asshole when he got to the sideline after his little gymnastics move. A, we were still 0-4 at the time. B, we can ill afford any new injuries to anyone, let alone patently avoidable, self-inflicted ones. I saw a little more discipline from the team yesterday but between the penalties and some of the bullshit, we still have a long way to go.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Time to absolve Brown of his punt return duties. He's clearly not into it, and I have never liked using a key starter in such a highly injury-prone position.

Loved the "Horn of Africa" barb.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:19 pm

isfry wrote:Oh, yeah, and as far as the preening and showboating and somersaults into the end zone. That shit has got to stop. Tomlin should have torn Sanders a new asshole when he got to the sideline after his little gymnastics move. A, we were still 0-4 at the time. B, we can ill afford any new injuries to anyone, let alone patently avoidable, self-inflicted ones. I saw a little more discipline from the team yesterday but between the penalties and some of the bullshit, we still have a long way to go.

Isfry I remember after the Vike-s game that Tomlin was saying it was the last time for Bell. All I know is that Tomlin is so respected that another players does it just after Bell...

For what regards the game > Loved Mill-s analysis. I would love to point out >

0 - 2 in redzone for our offense. If it wasn-t for that 3rd and 2 call I do not think we would have scored a TD. The trick plays tell you where we are.

Beachum didn-t play well. But Brown apperas to be lost for the season. Do you want to give Adams another try ;)

I actually liked Heyward-s game. It looks like he is the only DL we have that does something in pass defense

Worlids also played very well.

I didn-t like J Jones. He didn-t do anything beside that one hit. I do not see progress in him. Hope I am wrong.

Gay palyed great. He is playing better than Cortez Allen. Let-s hope he keeps starting.

Golden didn-t play defense. His snaps went to Shamarko Thomas. I think it has something to do with that TD they allowed in London.

As Mill pointed out, Brown is playing like sh-t on punt returns. I believe that somebody must have told him to just Fair catch. But we are losing a lot of yards. We have started one drive out of 60 ( 1 /60 ) of our drives in the opponents half. This has a lot to do with not getting Turnovers (we got two in our endzone which are worthed 6 points max) and we do not have any kind of return game whatsoever.

Be sure that we will not win a lot of games with no redzone TD, no return game and a defense that stops only greenhorn QBs...

Just to show you the difference in the details. Go watch the Patriots score with 65 seconds left in the game NO TIMEOUTS.

Go watch the Bill-s TD to tie the game. with 1,40 on the clock. A practice squad QB. Throw one completion and quickly throw again to the end zone. No spikes. No problems. Ben still cannot do it after 10 years in the league. That tells you a lot.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am

I use to watch Steeler games and in a close one wait for the big play to win it! Now you wait for the seemingly coming at anytime error, gaff, mental mistake to give the game away. As Mill stated, we got lucky with a greenhorn QB who still hasn't figured it out and gave us two dong interceptions. Otherwise, who knows what would have happened.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 am

isfry wrote:Oh, yeah, and as far as the preening and showboating and somersaults into the end zone. That shit has got to stop. Tomlin should have torn Sanders a new asshole when he got to the sideline after his little gymnastics move. A, we were still 0-4 at the time. B, we can ill afford any new injuries to anyone, let alone patently avoidable, self-inflicted ones. I saw a little more discipline from the team yesterday but between the penalties and some of the bullshit, we still have a long way to go.

Couldn't agree more. These athletes don't seem to care what their win loss record is. When they score a touchdown they're so into going into some asinine stupid dance, regardless of even the score of that game, let alone an 0-4 start. Wwwake up. I would love to see a coach be able to humble down his players enough to where when they scored they just tossed the ball to the ref. Almost in anger, showing their disappointing 0-4 record. I know you'll never see it .

And as far as Brown struggling on returns. I don't think he's into it. Honestly I think he's gun shy and afraid of taking a big hit. I can tell how he shys away from contact after the catch often. I love him, but he is a bit soft. I think anyway.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 am

I thought Suisam played another solid game. He is the team MVP to this point in the season. I absolutely loved the tackle he made of the guy running down the sideline. How many times do you see a kicker make a tackle inside the opponents 35 yard line? As much as I don't like Adams, he should have still been in uniform! We lost our new shiny LT before the game even started! Tomlin is still leaving the team shorthanded on the O-line - THE WEAKEST AREA ON THE FUCKING TEAM!!! Actually, in retrospect, maybe the coaching staff is the weakest area on the team.

I'm going to have to disagree with the notion that Brown is soft. He was one of the few busting his ass every play and looking for extra yardage when they really needed it - despite the dropped TD.

Heyward is definately an upgrade over Hood. The problem with the D this year was mostly in the middle where teams were ripping off huge chunks of green in the running game and short passsing game. I believe the loss of Foote has been underrated. While he may not be the most athletically gifted LB, he was still the brains of the outfit. I have already seen an improvement in the decision-making of Williams. Once he learns half of what Foote knew he will be much improved, and let's face it, he's a huge upgrade athletically.

I'm relieved to get a win, but this team is still very unimpressive.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:35 am

What about Felix jones for punt return duties? He's capable of waving his arm in the air, at least.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 am

I would like to see Cotch out there. He seems pretty damn sure handed and is the most underutilized player on the squad - except for FB.

Return to Stillers Talk