Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » This Is the Final Straw..............

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

This Is the Final Straw..............

Postby StillDodger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:57 am

I just got word in the news that the Baltimore Ravens just acquired Jags left tackle Eugene Monroe.....

This raises the question, WHY AREN'T THE STEELERS GOING AFTER PLAYERS LIKE THAT TO FILL DIRE HOLES??

It's as if the front office doesn't care about winning anymore.........

I'm so pi$$ed, it isn't even funny...............

Grizzled Veteran

Re: This Is the Final Straw..............

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 am

I'm still trying to figure out either;

A.) Why isn't Guy Whimper starting in place of Mike Adams, or

B.) How BAD is Guy Whimper that he apparently can't beat out a useless lump like Adams???

As for The Ravens trading for the OL from Jacksonville and why we aren't doing things like this now; We passed up RB Willis McGahee and TE Dallas Clark when both were just sitting out there doing nothing, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 am

StillDodger wrote:I just got word in the news that the Baltimore Ravens just acquired Jags left tackle Eugene Monroe.....

This raises the question, WHY AREN'T THE STEELERS GOING AFTER PLAYERS LIKE THAT TO FILL DIRE HOLES??

Dodger while I understand your feelings... Let's look Ravens got 14 Regular Season games from an average playing LT. In o rder to have this they will :

- Pay 6 Millions for the 2013 season ( which the Steelers didn't have in their cap. I believe we still have around 2 millions )
- Lost two draft picks. They are talking about a 4th and a 7th. We are not one player away. We need as many picks as possible.
- At the end of this season they might want to sign Monroe. But keep in Mind : Monroe is making 6 millions now. How much will he want ? Also the Oher is on his last year. Who do you resign ? They will not have space to sign both ( even if they sign Monroe which I do not think they will).

So what we learnt is that the Ravens believe they have a championship team. I'm happy they do because I do not see it this way. Based on the last two weeks I bet the Clowns will go to the playoffs and the rest of the AFC North will be on the couch watching.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Oh goody..... We traded for Levi Brown of the Cardinals..... Maybe the one OT even worse than Mike Adams................

It would be like having Mark Malone as quarterback, and trading for Ryan Leaf.........................

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm

StillDodger wrote:Oh goody..... We traded for Levi Brown of the Cardinals..... Maybe the one OT even worse than Mike Adams................

It would be like having Mark Malone as quarterback, and trading for Ryan Leaf.........................

I suppose this is the time when the Cleveland Browns will actually start doing better in post season play than Pittsburgh will for the indefinite future. Grrrr..... :x

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm

StillDodger wrote:I just got word in the news that the Baltimore Ravens just acquired Jags left tackle Eugene Monroe.....

It's as if the front office doesn't care about winning anymore.........

I'm so pi$$ed, it isn't even funny...............

Monroe costs too much. I like the Brown move as bad as he's been. He has first round talent but he hasn't lived up to his potential. Hopefully we can get something from him.

Practice Squad

Postby timsim00 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:48 am

Steelers76 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out either;

A.) Why isn't Guy Whimper starting in place of Mike Adams, or

B.) How BAD is Guy Whimper that he apparently can't beat out a useless lump like Adams???

As for The Ravens trading for the OL from Jacksonville and why we aren't doing things like this now; We passed up RB Willis McGahee and TE Dallas Clark when both were just sitting out there doing nothing, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

YES! Guy Whimper is THAT BAD!!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 pm

No... THIS is the final STRAW!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... -Obamacare

Rooney :sushootem:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:12 pm

PGHeaven wrote:No... THIS is the final STRAW!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... -Obamacare

Rooney :sushootem:

I hate that politics have been mixed with our team, and I would feel that way regardless of which side the politics was on.
the only thing I can do to protest it is not buy Steelers gear or tickets until they get the point.

Return to Stillers Talk