Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Is this what we really need?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Is this what we really need?

Postby timsim00 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Come on young fella, you are on an 0-3 team, at the time of that picture, trying to come back against another 0-3 team. Run the ball in and get back to business.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Is this what we really need?

Postby Pommah » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04 pm

I know what you're saying. But it was a helluva fine run. He started a dive for the end zone 'cuz it looked like a DB was going to challenge him, but the guy backed off. Seeing that, rather than land on his belly he rolled in. I didn't see any other showboating from this guy. From what we saw so far on this kid, we should have every reason to like him

Practice Squad

Postby timsim00 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Pommah wrote:I know what you're saying. But it was a helluva fine run. He started a dive for the end zone 'cuz it looked like a DB was going to challenge him, but the guy backed off. Seeing that, rather than land on his belly he rolled in. I didn't see any other showboating from this guy. From what we saw so far on this kid, we should have every reason to like him

You are right Pommah. Another point is that, unlike our other backs, he didn't cough up the ball on the 2 yard line.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 pm

What exactly happened? I did not watch the game.......

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Dodger, you're going to admit to not watching the game on this Forum? It's not just a team, it's a way of Life!

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 82d400f49e

Middle video. Looks like he's showboating on the way into the end zone - but I think he committed to a dive for the flag a bit too early, and when he saw the defenders pulling up realized he was going to look foolish so he did a flip. But maybe he was showboating, who knows for sure. At any rate the kid looked pretty dam good to me and said al the right things at the end and hopefully will mature into a solid RB for the black and gold.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:31 am

He pulled a Reggie Bush. He gets a one time pass based on Rookieness. He does it again - he's in my doghouse. I like what I see from Leveon. Great awareness for a rook. Great feet - Good hands. Hope he stays healthy

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 am

Pommah wrote:Middle video. Looks like he's showboating on the way into the end zone - but I think he committed to a dive for the flag a bit too early, and when he saw the defenders pulling up realized he was going to look foolish so he did a flip. But maybe he was showboating, who knows for sure. At any rate the kid looked pretty dam good to me and said al the right things at the end and hopefully will mature into a solid RB for the black and gold.

I agree with you. He was diving when he realized he had at least 10 feet. He could have easily walked...

Return to Stillers Talk