Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I THINK IT WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers

HOW LONG DO THE STILLERS SUFFER UNDER TOMLIN:

1 TO 5 YEARS
33%
6 TO 10 YEARS
No votes
11 TO 15 YEARS
No votes
HE'S A H.O.F. COACH
No votes
HE'S A GOAT AND NEEDS TO GO TODAY
67%

Total votes : 9
Hall of Famer

Re: I THINK IT WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE...

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:
StillBuda wrote:I wish they would go back and hire Russ Grim. I mean, how long does that guy have to be assistant head coach? I was disappointed when he got passed up for the job. The whole thing was really weird as I recall.

In hindsight which is always 20/20, it probably would have been a much better decision than what we have here now. The big question is, how do we as suffering fans affect change within an organization that does not seem to care or listen to the voice of reason?

isfry wrote:I don't personally care if the Rooneys regularly have threesomes with Ralph Nader and the Grand Master of the Klan, even if they air it out publicly. Nobody's political views are of concern to me, nor are mine of concern to this board. There are appropriate forums in which to voice such beliefs. I, for one, just don't believe this is one of them. I would sure like to see the Steelers get back to winning some football games and this board getting back to talking about how they might go about doing that. Just one fans opinion...

Good point and this was noted. I remember a call 20 years ago on KDKA Radio that was late in the evening over the weekend when the caller pointed out that they knew of an individual that would buy a newspaper and throw out everything but the sports section and read it. They learned all that they needed to know about life and the world around them from that one section. At the time I summed that phone call as a total lark.

As time went on and I realized that the entire planet and relationships between others are totally based on politics it finally dawned on me the simple wisdom of that phone call. Winning teams hire and fire players in the pursuit of victory. If one individual is not getting the job done, another one is brought in to get it done. The same principle is done throughout societies expanded to embody every walk of life. Unfortunately, the squad that we love so much has an irresponsible owner that chose not to keep their political ideologies out of their business operations-I.E. Pittsburgh Steeler Football.

No, woe unto us, we had to listen to the senile old man praise our wonderful national leader on the podium of the Superbowl rather than offer that to the men who got the job done on the field. So, having observed this scenario the door was left wide open for me as a fan to berate all of these issues up to and including the affirmative action hiring of the total asshole coach that they got in there now.

'nuf said. :yes:

Prescient crucible. NOW we see what is going on! FUCK ROONEY!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... -Obamacare

Practice Squad

Postby StillBuda » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:54 am

Here's what I've heard from websites like thefixisin.net...
1. The NFL is a non-profit organization. It is not truly a "business" and does not pay taxes.
2. The NFL provides entertainment and has no legal obligation to provide an actual sporting contest.
3. A fair numbers of "owners" NFL teams are involved with gambling interests.

From my personal observation it seems that:
1. The NFL functions as a propaganda and social sculpting tool, where its overt and subconscious messages are telegraphed by social programmers.
2. The messages conveyed are generally, depressing and horrible. Go to war, drink beer, get loans, eat shitty food, glorify and cultivate stupidity, destroy faith and trust in friends, family and neighbors and transfer that faith to external bodies and organizations.

So to me, the "Rooney Rule" is exactly what the NFL is all about, conveying social messages at the expense of an honest contest combined with cliche and hyperbole rather than strategy and planning.

Yeah, I still watch the Steelers, I still like the game for all this bitching... but if you want a real football game you are better off watching Pop Warner at this point. Hey I think Beyonce is playing and dressing like a tramp at Sunday Night Football halftime next game... woo f'in' hoo and let's bomb another country and pledge allegiance to the flag of a country of sell-out-punks. Taste great...no less filling... pass the tombstone pizza.

Practice Squad

Postby rpbncb » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 am

The worst coach in the NFL by far !!!! S--t rolls downhill as the saying goes. And this fiasco started at the top with the hiring of Mike Dumb-lin !!

Practice Squad

Postby StillBuda » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 am

Oh C'mon guys... BELIEVE!

Don't you just feel it? GONNA UNLEASH HELL IN OCTOBER!!!

I guess the shame here is that I think we really do have a good team that just needs whipped into shape - but the team seems essentially leaderless. It's funny that Ben really never became a team leader after all this time. Great quarterback, but he needs a Bettis or Ward or someone to really galvanize the team.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk