Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Titans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Titans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 am

http://stillers.com/Article/View/2f7cf6 ... ac752f3857 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Titans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 am

The team is a clear reflection of its head coach. Tomlin is 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. I'm sick of the cute sound bites. He needs to STFU and fix this mess. NO FUCKING EXCUSES! And Colbert needs to stop scratching the pimples on his ass and do something too. We haven't had a dominant O-line in 10 years.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby napnewman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am

This was the worst Steeler game I can remember seeing in a very long time. Sitting in the stands probably made the game seem even worse, as the crowd was totally unenthusiastic most of the game.

Is there a worse offensive line in the NFL? If so, who is to blame? The front office - there are 2 1st rounders (at least until DeCastro took out Pouncey) and 2 2nd rounders there. The coaching staff - if the guys actually were talented coming out of college, do they just receive incredibly poor coaching? It is probably a combination of both.

Would have liked to see Jarvis play more - particularly on some of the short yardage situations the Titans were successful converting. He may not have done any better, but could he have done any worse? I may not have seen this correctly, as I was drinking myself blind on $8 Heinz field beers, but did the D run a formation where Woodly, Jarvis, and Worilds were all on the field? Thought I saw this a couple times in the 2nd half. Defensively, it did not appear that any player was stepping up to fire up the defense - ala James Harrison (hate to see what he is going to do to Ben next week).

Wheaton's KO return was at the other end of the field from my seat. If that ball came down more than 4 yards deep in the endzone, I blame the return on poor coaching.

I don't know - obviously the players are on the field, but in my mind, this coaching staff is responsible for this awful performance. It was good to hear some comments regarding that on the radio while driving home.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 am

I was relishing Mill's first regular season post - unfortunately I was relishing it for all the wrong reasons as the Stillers literally looked as if they were trying to throw the game. The Titans did everything they could to stand still or yield - they must be more surprised than any of their fans (assuming such creatures exist) that they won this game. Had the two teams swapped uniforms there still would have been plenty of criticism due to both but alas we are stuck with the real Stillers, real coaches and real front office.

Mill's take on Ben was accurate. Unfortunately, much of our fan base is sounding like the fans of NY, Dallas, Philly, Chicago and other armchair, inch-deep Bud Light drinkers whose knowledge of football barely covers the position names and some of the players. Blame the QB! Bench the QB! Cut the QB!

I freely admit to pro-Ben bias but I am also a student of body language and, despite the NFL and broadcasters' efforts to cut away from bursts of profanity audible and otherwise, a decent lip-reader. Ben is frustrated with the ridiculous, cowardly scheme, the nonsensical situational play-calling and the 3rd-gear efforts of everyone around him. He is all too aware that a play with a 40% chance of success (e.g. a screen on 3rd and 8) will probably decrease to a 10-20% chance if all 10 teammates aren't perfect on a particular play. It is like facing Major League pitching with a Wiffle bat.

We waited decades for a Super Bowl win and then we got two in relatively short order. We gladly endure mockery of the fact that Stiller kickers, punters, linemen and other typically anonymous role players have radio shows and fan followings. Many inside and outside the Stiller organization have noted that such obsessive adoration may tend to put the fan cart before the football horse. Fortunately, players and coaches of the past prevented that from affecting the team's performance but based on this game and much of last year it's hard to shake the feeling that 20,000 #43 jerseys can't compensate for the real #43 being rather ineffective.

In sum, a lot of people have been coasting and all their karts have rolled to a halt at the same time - unfortunately it's right at the start of the season.

Practice Squad

Postby bigmoesteelers83 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Rumor has it that Haley and Ben aren't getting along at all, contrary to what the media reports. The play calling was terrible and our O-line has to be the worst in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Mill - as is his annual weekly practice - nailed it again. At what point does a person realize that he is not watching a Steelers team anymore - but some collection of paid imposters squatting on the legacy? FIRE COLBERT!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:23 am

This team is a HOT MESS and Tomlin has lost whatever magic he had! I have to agree with everything and my only question is this: Will James Harrison end the year for BR7? How many times is he going to break through the pantyhose line we have? I post over/under on sack for the next game at 2.5 and I will take the over. They are going to move him around and give him all kinds of opportunities to light Ben up.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:48 am

pinpon, the most obvious place to put Harrison is on the right where he is most comfortable...and Adams couldn't stop anyone last week, much less the calibre of player Harrison is. If Tennessee got five sacks and countless hurries... the Bungholes are going to feast on Ben.

Return to Stillers Talk