Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » 4-12 ?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 4-12 ?

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Isfry...I am afaid you are right. They can make the playoffs in this dogshit league right now, but it is a team that is unpredictable in losing--it has lost to some really horrible teams this year. They are also a ways down on the depth chart for a limited offensive line. I can only imagine the horror show that would be a trip to New England should they back into the playoffs..could the Patriots run up 1,000 yards of total offense??

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:28 pm

First of all, the likely spot for the six seed is going to Denver, not New England. Second, nobody expected us to go to Cincy, Indy, and Denver and come out AFC champs in '05, but that seemed to work out just fine. All I'm sayin' is that once you're in the tournament, anything can happen. I, for one, would still like to see the Steelers get there and see what happens.

I have considered this season in a nutshell and realized that I am a fan. I am not the coach. I am not the QB. I am not even a critic or a journalist. I love this site for the no-holds-barred reporting and for the often educated and more often hysterical threads that follow. That having been said, there are enough things in this life to actually be stressed out over, pissed off about, and worried on. Between jobs, family illness, wars and general global strife, there is enough hardship to go around. The NFL, and being a fan thereof, is supposed to be a pleasant diversion from the things that really oughtta concern us, not an additional source of angst and woe.

As Steeler fans we are blessed. We have won more championships than anybody and we have, for the last two decades, been perennial contenders. This season has not gone as well as we would have liked (cry me a river and tell your sad troubles to the Syrian refugees who have no homes or food or medicine) but I defy anyone here to tell me honestly that, if the Steelers were to make a run and win a seventh championship, as unlikely as that may be, that they would not chalk this whole year up as a win.

Lets beat the fucking Dolphins this weekend, watch to see what happens to the Titties and Rats, and take it from there.

GO MOTHERFUCKING STEELERS!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 pm

isfry: That was an excellent post. We all lose sight of what's really important in life.
.......and that my friend is Steeler football!!! :lol:

After the 4th game, I thought there was no way this discussion could even be possible this late in the season. Nobody saw the '05 run coming so there is always hope. The problem I have with it is that this team really hasn't shown me any signs of a run being possible.

If nothing else, just beat the Dolphins and keep Wallace off the score sheet and I will be very happy. (at least for a week anyways)

:subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 pm

isfry, I would like to buy you a beer. I don't know how that's possible, but I would like to.

Although, I cannot resist being a wet blanket, the '05 team was coming off a 15-1 regular season from the year before. Not so this time. Still, if these guys could play at the top of their game consistently, they could have been the 12-4 I thought they might achieve. Maddening.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 pm

I agree, Pommah. It's maddening. I, too, thought this team had a legit chance to go 12-4, as I predicted. My only glimmer of hope is that I have seen flashes (inconsistent and short lived, usually) of this team playing up to its potential, albeit for a quarter or two at a time. Look at 3/4 of the Lions' game, for instance. Heck, putting 20 points up in a quarter and a half, all from inside the red zone, against the Rats was pretty good. The problem has been consistency, both from quarter to quarter, half to half, and week to week.

I still firmly believe that this team, warts and all, can make a run if they get focused and disciplined enough to play up to their potential consistently for an extended period of time. Whether the heart, determination, and coaching that will be necessary to sustain such a run will be present, we will have to wait and see.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:43 am

And as for that beer, Pommah, I appreciate the offer but I stopped drinking years ago. I guess I got tired of waking up naked on the hood of my truck with my keys up my ass. Next time I come to Foxboro to see a Steelers game I will look you up and you can buy me a hot cocoa...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 pm

You're on!

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk