Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Bouchette And Cook Slam Woodley

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Bouchette And Cook Slam Woodley

Postby Ed Burns » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... ll-675736/

Is this 4 years too late??? Considering we read rants about Woodley on this site each week during the season, and some of us tend to dismiss them, it sure makes Mill's thoughts on Woodley valid...

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Bouchette And Cook Slam Woodley

Postby Pommah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Ed Burns, long time no hear. Anyone who has been on this site will notice that topics not only from Mill but even some of us random posters mysteriously show up in the "legitimate" press within a few days of being on this site.

Article today on some anonymous player PO'd because of Woodley's general douchebaginess. Seems lots of players are upset with his condition and playing. And now Ryan Clark has to speak up about leaks to the press.

This wouldn't happen if the coaches had benched his sorry ass. In my playing days I cannot remember anything being more demoralizing than a starter slacking off and not getting busted down. The starters that are busting hump hate it. The guys on the bench saying to themselves, "What do I have to do to get playing time?" hate it. It cuts to the very basic tenet of a team, the best players get the most playing time, the rest have to earn it. You break that, you don't have a team.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm

So, maybe not cut him, which would be ugly and barely worth shit, rather HE should be the one restructuring his contract, if that would even help. You'll have to forgive me, I really don't know a whole lot about salary cap logistics, or how contract restructuring works, I just know who's good, bad, or ugly.......and Lamarr has been looking like the latter 2.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Ed Burns » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 am

Pommah wrote:Ed Burns, long time no hear. Anyone who has been on this site will notice that topics not only from Mill but even some of us random posters mysteriously show up in the "legitimate" press within a few days of being on this site.

Article today on some anonymous player PO'd because of Woodley's general douchebaginess. Seems lots of players are upset with his condition and playing. And now Ryan Clark has to speak up about leaks to the press.

This wouldn't happen if the coaches had benched his sorry ass. In my playing days I cannot remember anything being more demoralizing than a starter slacking off and not getting busted down. The starters that are busting hump hate it. The guys on the bench saying to themselves, "What do I have to do to get playing time?" hate it. It cuts to the very basic tenet of a team, the best players get the most playing time, the rest have to earn it. You break that, you don't have a team.

How have you been Pommah?

I totally agree with what you're saying. I believe that Wodley got fat off the hefty payday, and has been missing since Super bowl XLIII. I think if he shows up 30lbs overweight, as has been the case the last 3 years, he's riding the bench... Not that Worilds would do better. Worilds is about as durable as paper. Even though Harrison's getting up there in age, they almost have to keep him, and start looking at other options for depth. The team can't afford another year of the LOLB disappearing on the field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 am

And to add to this discussion, the Steelers may not reach a contract agreement with Harrison. So Mr Titty jousting Woodley's uselessness will be magnified when there is zero pressure from the other side. Now, last year, teams began running right at Woodley and Hood. Right AT THEM and ran them over. You don't do that to Harrison. I know that Harrison is at the end of his career, but damn..if they lose him, you can pretty much forget about next season.

Return to Stillers Talk