Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » If This Doesn't Sum Up The Season....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

If This Doesn't Sum Up The Season....

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:50 am

2 Steelers were selected to The Pro Bowl for this season. Haven't had that few since Jason Gildong was the only Steeler picked following the 2000 campaign.(Which was a non-playoff year.)

To make this even more laughable? 5 members of The 2-13 KC Chiefs made The AFC Squad.

If that doesn't sum up this sorry sack of shit season.....

Seasoned Veteran

Re: If This Doesn't Sum Up The Season....

Postby Still Peon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 am

Not even having one defensive nominee is quite surprising, but sadly makes sense.

Practice Squad

Postby Geor! » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 pm

When you're something like -30 on the turnover margin, nobody warrants a selection on defense. When your offense sputters like a misfiring Yugo, nobody deserves on that side of the ball either. I really cannot think of one person who deserves to be on the Pro Bowl team this year. Possibly Max Starks or Heeeeeath?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Ed Burns » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Heath's the only one that crosses my mind as a Pro Bowl selection. He had one of his best Seasons of his career, despite the fact he's not gonna be able to finish it off due to his injury.

The lack of selections speaks volumes... Underachievement is the first thought that crosses my mind with the rest of the team.

Practice Squad

Postby steelkings » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

I think its the ultimate in Stupidity that the 2 pro bowlers are members of the worst O line in the NFL. :?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Steelers76 wrote:2 Steelers were selected to The Pro Bowl for this season. Haven't had that few since Jason Gildong was the only Steeler picked following the 2000 campaign.(Which was a non-playoff year.)

To make this even more laughable? 5 members of The 2-13 KC Chiefs made The AFC Squad.

If that doesn't sum up this sorry sack of shit season.....

This doesn't mean anything. Pouncey got in. How ? He was hurt half season. And he didn't play great the other half.

The 5 Chiefs to me only represent how much the pro bowl doesn't work. Everybody knows that players pay in order to get more " fan " votes. I say Bring on the senior bowl. Much more interesting.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Probowl is a joke anyway, I hate it . They need to end it, nobody gives two shits about it :sudancin:

Return to Stillers Talk