Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Player(s) Just Taking Up Roster Space?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Player(s) Just Taking Up Roster Space?

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am

In your opinion, what player(s) on this Steelers Team are just taking up valuable roster space, not really contributing to anything? My picks would have to be the 2 back-up TE's, Pope and Paulsen. Paulsen hasn't really done anything worthwhile this season, unless you count being knocked so far off the line within a split second of the last game, that the ball glanced backwards in The E.Z. for a (wrongly ruled) safety. That being said, Pope has done even less. Take away his 1 yard TD catch against Washington, and he has done next to nothing. Dude is listed at 6'8, so you'd think he'd be a force catching passes, or at least a compliment to Miller, but has been anything but. Then again, Matt Spaeth is/was listed at 6'7-6'8, so being tall doesn't equal being good.

If it were up to me, I'd release Pope and sign the just released from The Patriots Visanthe Shiancoe. At best, I think he'd compliment Heath nicely, at worst, he couldn't do any less than Pope.

Anyways, those are my picks. Who are yours?

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Player(s) Just Taking Up Roster Space?

Postby Still Peon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm

1) Mike Wallace - His holdout has now extended itself to catching the ball, which he does begrudgingly.
2) Rashard Mendenhall - His usefulness has been close to zero for a very long time now.
3) Chris Rainey - I have nothing against the guy, and really hate to say it, but I don't see him helping the team enough to warrant his presence, and he may become a liability.

Return to Stillers Talk