Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » "Cast Iron" Mike Wallace and the 2012 Season

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

"Cast Iron" Mike Wallace and the 2012 Season

Postby trenches » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm

"Cast Iron" Mike Wallace and the 2012 Season has been posted by In the Trenches at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re:

Postby Pommah » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Nice work, Trenches.

One can also note a huge dropoff not only in his yards/reception, but also his conversion of targets to receptions, from last year. I will posit that a large portion of these last two stats are under the control of the receiver, though not entirely of course.

If Wallace were performing at last season's level in these two key categories, he would be at 975 yards for the season right now, a mere 3 yards behind Dez Bryant and good enough for 11th place in this year's current ranking of receivers. Which is exactly where he finished the season last year, 11th place. Now I have no idea where he is, but it's worse than 40th place, because that's all the further the stat listings I can find go.

So by opening his yap and crying it's not his fault, he has only proven exactly that, it is his fault. Most guys in contract years manage to have career years, but not this clown. Might as well bring back Limas Sweed and give him another shot rather than bring back this guy.

Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am

Add to that the fact that stats do not differentiate "dong" catches. The punk got 2 stat padding TDs today in garbage time after the chiefs had it in the bag. The clanger acted like he had settled the score. CUT THE PUNK

Return to Stillers Talk