Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » 13-3 in sight ?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

13-3 in sight ?

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I was just studying the schedule

It is possible a 13-3. But even a 11-5 would be great. Did not expect this one.

What is your expectation ? Are we going to the Bowl ?

Hall of Famer

Re: 13-3 in sight ?

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Jeez, anything's possible. The only thing I know is that the Ratbirds are terrible. The only thing that kept them in yesterday's game was how even-more-terrible the Brownies are. With that in mind I believe we have a legit shot at winning the North, especially if we play was well as I felt we did yesterday. I agree that looking ahead, which is always dangerous, one sees some distinct possibilities. Outside of the two ratbirds games you see two Brownies games, two Bungles games, a Chiefs, a Chargers, and a Cowgirls? Not exactly the '85 Bears in our path...

Getting in's the first step, then getting hot and healthy at the right time and the sky's the limit.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:14 pm

My guess is we'll find a way to lose a couple more. Ratbirds once and one other. Should still get us in the playoffs. I thought we were going to make a run last year then Ben got the ankle sprain. A run to the bowl will depend on how healthy we are at the end of the season. No team is complete anymore, and the tournament is almost a totally random process. Almost.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:22 pm

I think we go as far as our O-line and Ben takes us. The beauty of it is that the Stillers have shown the ability to win without their star defenders, namely JH and TP. We are only going to get better on D with the return of Troy plus Harrison getting stronger each week. Back-up DB's and LB's have gained valuable experience in their absence as well.

If Ben goes down then any chances in the playoffs are done. :yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Pommah wrote:My guess is we'll find a way to lose a couple more. Ratbirds once and one other. Should still get us in the playoffs. I thought we were going to make a run last year then Ben got the ankle sprain. A run to the bowl will depend on how healthy we are at the end of the season. No team is complete anymore, and the tournament is almost a totally random process. Almost.

pommah I think we see it the same way.

13-3 would be very good but not excellent ( if we consider the opponents )

11-5 a good result and a very close reality ( since we always give games nobody expects

And I was just thinking how incredible it all would have been without giving the games in Oakland and Titans... 15 - 1 !!!!! Wow...

Return to Stillers Talk