Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Biggest Surprises/Disappointments At The Mid-Way Point?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Biggest Surprises/Disappointments At The Mid-Way Point?

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 pm

What NFL Teams do you think are the biggest surprises/disappointments at the mid way point? My picks;

*Biggest Surprise; Miami Dolphins at 4-3.

*Honorable Mention; Minnesota at 5-3, and Indy at 4-3.

-I honestly thought all 3 of these teams would be God-Awful. However, I thought The 'Phins would be the worst of the pack. I didn't see them winning more than 2 games this year, so they have already "exceeded" my expectations.

*Biggest Disappointment; New Orleans Saints at 2-5.

*Dis-Honorable Mention; Detroit Lions at 3-4.

-Self-explanatory for both teams that qualified for the playoffs last season, and were expected to this year. Saints especially have dug themselves a pretty good sized hole to crawl out of.

Well, those are my choices. Agree/Disagree/Have Your Own? Have at it.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Biggest Surprises/Disappointments At The Mid-Way Point?

Postby trenches » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

New Orleans having had all of the bounty gate issues had me thinking they'd face challenges. So, I'm not that surprised by the start.

Philly has surprised me as a disappointment. I'm not a Vick or Reed fan but having a losing record surprises me somewhat.

I agree on the Dolphins. I thought they'd suck badly.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am

I was thinking of putting Philly up there, but outside of several games in The 2010 Season, Prick has done shit there since getting out of the slammer, so their 3-4 start doesn't surprise me. I couldn't be more pleased to see that scumbag struggling. Serves that franchise well....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Biggest disappointment to me is our own damn team. Losses to Oakland and Tennesee? I can forgive the loss to the Broncos. We should be 6-1 and feared around the league. We have yet to play Baltimore and the reigning SB champs. I really like the way we were playing at the end of last year before Ben sprained his ankle. We dismantled the AFC champion pretty good in the regular season. From SB contenders to middling team over the summer is a pretty far fall.

Return to Stillers Talk