Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Titans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Titans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Ohio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm

isfry wrote:
...except on the last drive of the fourth quarter in a tie or close game against completely sub-par compettition like the raiders or Titans...other than that, always.

Ben 7 has 24 wins from behind ( 4th quarter ). Second in the league only to Manning ( I think 25 or 26. But with how many more games ?).

I wish he could get them all. He can't. Sometimes he mismanages the clock or downs. Which makes me crazy. But... Most of the times he gets it

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm

StillMill wrote: Every so often, Ike has 1 of those games where he’s in a total funk and can’t cover a 59-year old car salesman.

Every so often?? How about every game?? His play has been substandard for a backup, let alone a starter, the past three seasons.

If we had most other teams' starting CBs in that Titans game, we win that game.

There are two Steelers starters who have no business starting in the NFL. Ike Taylor and Willie Colon.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Tomlin's decision to kick a 54 yard FG was in my opinion one of the worst by an NFL head coach that I've seen. I think Ben converting a 4th and 7 had better odds, and the Titans were given 7 free yards to boot. That might have been the difference right there.

That kind of decision has soured me in regard to my trust in Tomlin as a game coach. That's how bad the decision was.

We need to grab a CB off the waiver line...... He'll be an improvement over Ike Taylor...... His play is making LeBeau look bad.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 am

Ohio wrote:
isfry wrote:
...except on the last drive of the fourth quarter in a tie or close game against completely sub-par compettition like the raiders or Titans...other than that, always.

Ben 7 has 24 wins from behind ( 4th quarter ). Second in the league only to Manning ( I think 25 or 26. But with how many more games ?).

I wish he could get them all. He can't. Sometimes he mismanages the clock or downs. Which makes me crazy. But... Most of the times he gets it

I guess it depends what you mean by "most of the time". Most of the time he is in a position to get a so called "come from behind" is because he didn't put enough points on the board the first three quarters. That
"come from behind " stat isn't all that its cracked up to be. Brady puts a lot of points on the board so he doesn't have to "come from behind" all the time. An elite QB gets those wins in Oakland and Tenn. Go back to 2009 or so and see all scrap teams that beat us. There is no doubt Ben is a good QB. All I"m saying is he never risen to that elite level. He is inconsistent. At this point he will never be any better than he is. As far as Super Bowls, the window has slammed shut. I'm disappointed at the way this team went down hill since 2009. I just expected more out of our 100 million dollar franchise QB. Seacrest out :surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

With regard to the Ben talk.... I think he is the VERY least of our problems. I think the guy has been tremondous considering the shit O-line and shit O-coord he has had to deal with.

The worst stat from this game is the piddley-assed 4 rec. to Brown. If we are going to win on the strength of our offense, then he needs to be the focal point, along with Heath. As far as the running game stats, I couldn't care less. We need to score shit-tons of points early and often; and running even 40% of the time is not going to get it done to make up for the lack of quality defense. :yes:

If this team and coaching staff can somehow pull their heads out their asses, they can still luck in to a wildcard spot. The AFC as a whole seems down this season and there are only 2 teams with winning records in the conference. I haven't seen enough quality play from this group to make me feel very confident about it though. No team steps on their own dick more in the NFL than the Steelers the last couple of seasons. :sutimebomb:

Looks like Ray-Ray and Webb are on the shelf - I feel so fucking sorry for the Ravens. They'll still probably win the division though based solely on the strength of their secondary compared to ours. :sufu:

.... maybe they should start turning Cotchery into a DB. Might as well - he can't do any worse than this current group and he is barely thrown to anyway. :lol:

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk