Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Power Rankings (week 3)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Power Rankings (week 3)

Postby trenches » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 am

Power Rankings (week 3) has been posted by Steel Haven at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 3)

Postby isfry » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:18 am

"Talk of Flacco being elite proved premature."

Ha! Amen, Haven. Some of the mainstream media still talk about Flacco like he's in the top five or ten QB's in the league and WILL BE great as soon as he [fill in blank here.] Get over it, guys. He's a bust. He hasn't won anything. He can't make the big play when it counts (see the 4Q pick in the AFC champ last year or the divisonal loss to the Stillers in 2010 (a pedestrian 16/30 for 125 with 1 TD and a pick to match it) or the 20/35 for a mere 189 and 2 picks in the diviasional round against the colts in '09, or the 13/30 for 141 and 3 picks in '08 against the Stillers in the AFC champ.) Overall, in the deciding games of the playoffs in the last 4 years, his numbers are as follows:

71/131 (54%) for an average of 190 yds per game, 3 TD's and 7 picks.

That's even including the AFC champ game from last year where the entire mainstream media fell over themselves to anoint him the second coming because...I don't know, maybe because he threw more TD's than picks in a playoff game for the first time in his career? Defense and a running game will get ya to the dance, but your QB has to at least help to win it.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 am

The 49ers are number 2?

Come on Haven - the Pats aren't as good as many thought they were and you have to give the 49ers credit for dominating two of the leagues better teams in Green Bay and Detroit.

Houston is very good and I would have them second, but they beat Miami and Jax. That's not a huge display of power.

If Mill is forcing you to put Houston #1 then just let me know and I'll take care of him myself.

Oh yeah, one final thing that puts the 49ers over the top... The NFC is much better than the AFC this year. Still, I'm looking for a Houston Super Bowl victory San Fran, but I don't think you can favor the Texans against them. 49ers are number 1.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:45 pm

SteelTank wrote:If Mill is forcing you to put Houston #1 then just let me know and I'll take care of him myself.

LMAO !! I dont' force Haven to do anything!

Plus, Tank won't take of Mill by himself. 8-)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 am

Haha - well, Ponder did me in this week.

I'm in a weekly pickem/survivor league of like 80 people and there are only 5 of us left after week three.

So many upsets this week, but those young QBs are making a difference as are all of hte other young players no one really knows about yet.

The league has changed - It will still be the Texans and 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Return to Stillers Talk