Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers-Jets Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stillers-Jets Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 am

Stillers-Jets Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Stillers-Jets Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 am

[Dwyer is running with intensity and abandon, and at this point, Mendenhall can forget being re-signed to big money by the Stillers when he becomes a UFA in Feb.]

Could not agree more! After 2 years of going through the motions, it looks like Dwyer finally gets it. Imagine what this guy could do with actual run blocking.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 pm

The analysis raises a point I hadn't really considered--Sanchez having a possible concussion. He sure as hell couldn't find a receive after halftime--he was missing wide open receivers by a mile. Not sure the quality of this win--so before we all go out and get fitted for replica Super Bowl rings, you have to consider the opponent.

Practice Squad

Postby Steve0212 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Awesome article as always - I love coming to this site after game day.

DeMarcus “Dick” Van Dkye ridiculously tried to out-joust a Jets gunner on a NYJ punt that bounced high in the air near the Stiller goal line in the 2Q. I mean, what in the sam hell was Van Dyke doing on this play ??...

I actually thought this was a smart play. I don't think he was trying to get the ball, I think he was just trying to push the DB into the end zone to get a touchback (which he did). The risk isn't as bad as it first seems as the moment the gunner touches the ball, it doesn't matter if it hits Van Dyke.

Keep up the great work...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Lotta mistakes by the Jest in this game. Dropped punt, poorly thrown balls, etc. Not the type of win to crow about.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Looks like the talent on D has taken a nose-dive and we just don't appreciate how much just yet.

The entire D needs to be re-vamped starting with Dick L.

As the article points out, Heyward and Hood are the focal point of this demise. The offense seems to be fine for now, but the constant late draft picks in the first round have taken their toll on the Steelers and Patriots.

The last true difference maker the Steelers drafted on D was Troy and that was 2003. Ike Taylor was drafted the same year. Very good draft from that stand-point.

Wood and Timmons are ok, but they were drafted in 2007.

That's not very good at all and means big problems for the Steelers starting this year.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby tourosteelersfan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Mill, I appreciate that you're willing to see the glass as at most half-full after this win. Many of the commentators played up the notion that the "dynamic" Jets offense was stymied by a strong defense. I am not close to sold on the strength of the Steelers defense - especially if your theory about Sanchez's concussion is correct. However, I do want to praise the ball control offense - BECAUSE IT KEEPS THE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD. Truly the Steelers' offense is its best defense. Furthermore, as much as I think Wallace was a jerk for how he handled his contract negotiations, he is critical to the offense because he spreads the field and is always presents a coverage dilemma. He may not be worth a mega-contract and probably won't be a Steeler after this year but he is a valuable part of the offense.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby tourosteelersfan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry about the initial double post.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:48 am

When Woodley got his sack, I wondered how Mill would denigrate it...not IF he would...it's a given that no matter what positive thing Woodley does, he'll never get credit for it from Mill.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 pm

When Mill denigrated Woodley's sack I wondered how long til someone would point out that Mill hates Woodley too much...not IF they would...

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:24 pm

isfry wrote:When Mill denigrated Woodley's sack I wondered how long til someone would point out that Mill hates Woodley too much...not IF they would...

:lol: :x :lol: :x :lol: :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Woodley is a speed rusher who has a knack for finding seams in the protection scheme. His sacks look like they're too easy, but if they actually were too easy, other players would be doing this too.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby oldschoolhunkie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 pm

New season, new board, new OC... Tourofan right back to kissing up to Mill.

Just state your opinion, dude. and I agree, by the way... we need to let this play out.. but the ball control has some very positive aspets, including more plays designed for Ben to make quick-hit plays... that's what we were screaming for.

The downfield plays will come...

Ragging in any way on Wallace's TD catch is kinda lame. that was a thing of beauty... and MW made some excellent underneath catches... I for one don;t fault him at all on the holdout. Knowing he's going to play on a 1-year deal, why risk it all in those dumb ass exhibition games? I'd do the same thing... fact is, he is bringing it now with no sign of sulking or whatever.

Return to Stillers Talk