Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Where's the Jest Game Thread.............

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Where's the Jest Game Thread.............

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm

That last drive was good old-fashioned STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERS football............

Although the replay should have ruled Redmond down for a loss...... Whether it would have made a difference, who knows...........
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Where's the Jest Game Thread.............

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 pm

The play of the game was Sanchez missing Holmes for the TD on the Jest FG drive. (After the play, I said "If it was Ben in that play, it's a touchdown.") This guy is driven by confidence or lack thereof more than any QB I can remember, save for Jim ("Chris") Everett or maybe Jim Kelly. Sanchez was fantastic up to that play, gawd awful afterwards.

Prior to that Jets FG, I really thought it was going to be a really long day for the Stillers' "D"........ Sanchez' loss of his confidence transformed it into a "great" day........... Good QBs shake off bad plays, not let them affect their play. The Stillers were really fortunate, and I hope they're not overconfident going into Oakland. (Even though Ike had a good game, I think he still sukks.)

By the way, the offensive plan was the best I've seen since Wizz was the OC. I'm so happy Arians is gone, it isn't even funny. Even though he won today.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Where's the Jest Game Thread.............

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Nice to see this D actually adjust after that first Jest Drive. Dirty Sanchez didn't complete a pass to a WR from the 1st Quarter to under a minute to go in the 4th Quarter, when the game was already decided.

As much as I was impressed with The O, feel they still left some points on the field via stupid penalties and bad calls.

Return to Stillers Talk