Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Hey Rookie "Welcome to the NFL!" ...RASHARD MENDENHALL

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Rookie "Welcome to the NFL!" ...RASHARD MENDENHALL

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Mendenhall to be featured on Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall will be one of five rookies featured on Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL, which will air on ESPN2 on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m. (ET).

NFL Films and ESPN followed the rookies from draft day to the final cuts in order to give fans an exclusive inside look as to what a rookie goes through.

Cameras followed Mendenhall from the team’s mini-camp, before he left for training camp, during camp and until the first preseason game.

“They came to my house before I left for training camp,” said Mendenhall. “They came for a few visits to see what was going on. They talked to me a few times during training camp.”

The visit at home will show a side of Mendenhall away from football where he opens up about the things he enjoys doing in his free time.

“I was doing a signing and they sat down with me and talked to me about what my interests were off the field and my saxophone,” said Mendenhall. “I didn’t play it at all. I just picked it up a couple of months ago. I played the clarinet for about eight or nine years and a lot of people transition from that.”

While at camp cameras were right there with Mendenhall, following him from the time he walked out of the locker room, onto the field and beyond. It didn’t bother him, though.

“You get used to it doing this,” said Mendenhall. “You just try to keep things as normal as you can.”

Other rookies who will be featured are Darren McFadden (Oakland Raiders), Glenn Dorsey (Kansas City Chiefs), Aqib Talib (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Caleb Campbell (Detroit Lions).
The show will be rebroadcast on Thursday, September 4 at 3:00 p.m. (ET) on ESPN2.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Hey Rookie "Welcome to the NFL!" ...RASHARD MENDENHALL

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm

He needs to tighten up the way he carries the ball.

There's too much air between it and his body.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:25 pm

thats his SUPERMAN pose for the cameras haha...i hope :sufootballreferee: :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Yeah... There could certainly be more 'tuck' into his elbow/bicep.

Wrap them burly mus-kles around that ball... Secure and tight, even kryptonite won't get getting that ball loose. ;)

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:00 pm

That photo is Nel's post show the problem. Nice fine Nel.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Thank you, thesteelhammer. And thanks to Hi5 for posting the photo.

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:12 pm

You are right about the ball being away from his body, he needs to hold the all against his body. The other thing he needs to do is either dump the gloves or get a tighter pair look at the pic how loose they look. I never liked wearing gloves, you loose the feel for the ball.

Return to Stillers Talk