Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby PSUPERCY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Regarding Rainey...no doubt he has talent. IMO he should not be an RB. He seems to hate contact and was scared to death behind the line.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Defense whistling past the graveyard individually, collectively and schematically. Reputation and all sorts of scary pre-snap blitz looks are worthless when the players lack mobility.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 pm

To me, the good news was, if not for Ben's Boner of a throw to a wide open Heath, our Red Zone offense looked pretty productive. Several sustained long drives. I liked the play calling a buttload better than under Arians.

The bad is Peyton had his way with the Pass D like a rock star with a drunk groupie backstage. That said, he sort of is a rock star of QB's. We did not put near enough pressure on him, which makes him prone to pass too quick and get picked, he does not like to get hit, even before his neck operations. We should have been blitzing more.

Same thing happened last year first game with blowout by Ravings. We still made the playoffs and could have gone further without a QB with a sprained ankle and bumfuk defensive call. I'm not panicking yet.

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:48 pm

This is awesome. The best dissection of the Steelers load of crap last Sunday. I've been saying it for years too bro. #gopatriots #bradyrocks

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Tonydesal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Coke Oven wrote:"Isn’t defense supposed to be Momlin’s forte?? Why then, does he stand ossified, and clueless, as his defense gets picked and shredded apart? The bloom is fading off Momlin’s rose, and fast. The 2008 season was a long eternity ago."

More and more I'm seeing Tomlin like a lot of engineers that I've known who were great at bullshitting in the boardroom, but when it came time to produce something they weren't worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell. That would explain how he was able to impress the Rooneys so much early on.

/agree I can say that I haven't seen ANYTHING out of him that would make me sad if he were fired.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 pm

[quote="Pommah"]That said, he sort of is a rock star of QB's. We did not put near enough pressure on him, which makes him prone to pass too quick and get picked, he does not like to get hit, even before his neck operations. We should have been blitzing more.quote]

I would only point out that our number one ( and perhaps ONLY ) real QB pressure threat was not on the field, which limited our ability to get to Manning without colorful schemes. Furthermore, with Clark out, Pola could not be the X-factor he excels at being without leaving Mundy on an island, which would have been disastrous, and thus limited the defense's ability to do some of the unpredictable things they can occasionally accomplish with Pola. That said, I am not apologizing for the relatively lackluster effort put forth by the D. I swear that 36 second touchdown drive brought the bile from the "Tebacle" right back up my throat.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Thank you Steel Mill for once again being the voice of reason! I always enjoy your writing even if if takes me a bit to respond.
Totally agree about Momlin! He sits while Rome burns. He must be intimidated by his coordinators. The only game plan that has been worth a hoot the last couple of years is the one they had against the Patriots last year. And it is in a file and the next time they play them they will simply dust it off and use the same. Belichick will adjust and we will get scorched again.
The offense looked decent but by the late 3rd qtr the Donkeys had adjusted to the dink and dunk bs we were doing. Hence, the pick 6. No streching the defense. The o line is once again the same piece of doo. Decastro might improve it, but not much. I am starting to really believe that BR is becoming a SHOT FIGHTER!! Meaning if you get to him a few times, he starts seeing defenders from nowhere, panics, and is a step slow. I hope I am wrong, but he is an OLD 30!
On a positive note, Mill is correct that Butler has shown his wares more than Krapinos and Shitpulveda ever did. They both lived by a mandatory pooch punt to the EZ every game rule!

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk