Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Power Rankings (week 1)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Power Rankings (week 1)

Postby trenches » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:25 am

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2764.aspx has been posted by Steel Haven at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 1)

Postby SteelTank » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Yo Haven:

Brady does not, nor has he ever or will ever have, the ability to overcome offensive line woes.

He crumbles like a ton of bricks when any real pressure comes. The only thing he can do is shift in the pocket to give himself some room. ESPN has been trying to tell us for years about how valuable this is and how well he does it. Yeah, it's good I guess, but it aint nothing like avoiding real pressure.

The fact is simple:
Brady(and Peyton Manning) have been QB Gods in this league because they have had great O-lines especially as it relates to pass protection.

So, if the Patriots have any sort of line woes in any way related to pass protection, Brady will be mediocre this year. Not sure if this is what you meant, but Brady and Peyton Manning would have both done nothing in Pittsburgh had they played behind the true O-line woes that seem to plague our team every year.

Bottom line for the Patriots, once again, is that they play in a very soft division and have a very soft overall schedule.

In short, Texans should be #2. Patriots about 8.

And yes, you are the only that thinks the 49ers take a step back this year.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:48 pm

SteelTank wrote:Yo Haven:

And yes, you are the only that thinks the 49ers take a step back this year.

Actually, I'm of the same opinion as Haven on this matter. Much tougher schedule, and no chance of sneaking up on opponents as they did last year.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Look at the talent they have.

It won't matter.

I don'e buy into the "sneaking up" theory in sports either. You're either ready to play or your not.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Alex Smith ?? 'nuf said. Alex won't have Dick's softee defense to carve up this season.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:11 am

I completely agree with Steel Tank on the Brady point, and I do not expect the Pats to be contenders this year, let alone deserving of so high a rank. (Lest we forget, pressure made Brady overthrow an open Welker for what would have been the Super Bowl clincher, regardless of what Giselle and the media think.) I also agree with Mill and Haven on the Whiners. They have a MUCH tougher schedule and I completely believe that with a week of serious preparation, knowing that San Francisco is for real, and being able to watch a whole season of tape on Harbaugh, teams will be FAR better prepared. Look for them to go 10-6 AT BEST, probably 9-7, with losses to the Packers, Lions, Giants, Bears, and Saints, plus splitting at least one divisional series.

Return to Stillers Talk