Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers-Colts Preseason Postgame Comments

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stillers-Colts Preseason Postgame Comments

Postby StillMill » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 am

Stillers-Colts Preseason Postgame Comments has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: New Article: Stillers-Colts Preseason Postgame Comments

Postby JimPgh1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Once again we learn that Woodley is a fraud and LeBeau is evidently the worst DC in the league.

How this team makes the playoffs almost every season is beyond me, considering the above "facts". I guess it's just plain luck.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 pm

All in all a good article.

The fact of the matter is that the Steelers are more than just the DC and Lamar Woodly. It is other coaches/players on the team that get them to the playoffs every year, but the expectations with the kind of talent the Steelers have is to at least make the playoffs. The horrible defensive game plan last year against Denver sunk the Steeler season when the best two overall teams in the AFC last year were Baltimore and Pittsburgh...

Both teams chocked away wins and let a very average New England team make it to the Super Bowl. I guess good coaching can do that.

The Ravens dismissed Lee Evens, but Dick and Lamar remain. So, it bares repeating until things change or the other coaches or players on this team can over-come their mediocrity and win another Super Bowl.

Having said all that:
The offense does not look good at all.
The D looks very average
Carter looks good.
Brown looks good.
McClendon looks real good at times and should be the starter
Emanuel Sanders is a ghost at this point - a severe drop off from Wally though Wally isn't worth signing long-term
Adams is about worthless right now

Hopefully, these are merely pre-season woes and very correctable. Otherwise, it could be a long season for Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 pm

ha! in light of the barrage of criticism Woodley gets around here I tried to focus on him when the D was on the field, in order to confirm or deny his deserving it. Early in the game (prior to his "dong" sack, which WAS a dong, but I was glad he held on, at least) he was being blocked by a TE (prolly a rookie) and he seemed for a second to shed that block and have a route to the QB. "There!" I thought. "He didnt just keep titty twisting. He shed the block and has an angle to the QB." That's when I realized that it was actually the TE who had "shed" the block and who was the receiver around whom the play had been designed, as he caught the pass about five to seven yards down the field and ran for a first down. Oh, well...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

JimPgh1 wrote:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Once again we learn that Woodley is a fraud and LeBeau is evidently the worst DC in the league.

How this team makes the playoffs almost every season is beyond me, considering the above "facts". I guess it's just plain luck.

Mill has provided valid, ample instances in all of his criticisms of Woodley and LeBeau, and here was no different. You just need to get over your rah-rah, kool-aid drinker, super-fan mentality and look at the facts, which is more than you'll get from our esteemed Pittsburgh Sports Media.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby stillgrill » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank gawd Butler called out Woodley continually being out of shape. W/ Harrison likely hobbled for the first 4 gms, Woodley better apply the wood to QB's. Their pass-rush sux monkey-balls so far.

Also: is that the first time Ike T had a pick-six in his career? Even if so, it doesn't count since it is only pre-season. I luv the fact that he actually bobbled a gift like that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:52 pm

SteelTank wrote:All in all a good article.

The fact of the matter is that the Steelers are more than just the DC and Lamar Woodly. It is other coaches/players on the team that get them to the playoffs every year, but the expectations with the kind of talent the Steelers have is to at least make the playoffs. The horrible defensive game plan last year against Denver sunk the Steeler season when the best two overall teams in the AFC last year were Baltimore and Pittsburgh...

Both teams chocked away wins and let a very average New England team make it to the Super Bowl. I guess good coaching can do that.

The Ravens dismissed Lee Evens, but Dick and Lamar remain. So, it bares repeating until things change or the other coaches or players on this team can over-come their mediocrity and win another Super Bowl.

Having said all that:
The offense does not look good at all.
The D looks very average
Carter looks good.
Brown looks good.
McClendon looks real good at times and should be the starter
Emanuel Sanders is a ghost at this point - a severe drop off from Wally though Wally isn't worth signing long-term
Adams is about worthless right now

Hopefully, these are merely pre-season woes and very correctable. Otherwise, it could be a long season for Pittsburgh.

Agree completely. That loss to denver still makes me want to vomit!
The Steelers will only be as successful as Big Ben is!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 am

Steelers76 wrote:
JimPgh1 wrote:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Once again we learn that Woodley is a fraud and LeBeau is evidently the worst DC in the league.

Mill has provided valid, ample instances in all of his criticisms of Woodley and LeBeau, and here was no different. You just need to get over your rah-rah, kool-aid drinker, super-fan mentality and look at the facts, which is more than you'll get from our esteemed Pittsburgh Sports Media.

Every player has bad plays...EVERY player. Mill chooses to focus on those regarding Woodley. Any good play that Woodley makes is sluffed off as being made only because he was unblocked or ran over a midget RB or a rookie lineman.

I'll take Colbert/Tomlin & Co.'s evaluation over Mills. Are they always right? Nope, who is? Not them & not Mill.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Then the question becomes why do you keep reading his articles if you hate them so much. That makes very little sense....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 am

The next time we cover a back out of the backfield or a TE will be the first time. Dick just doesn't believe in it.

Return to Stillers Talk