Board index » Stillers Talk » ESPN votes Steeler fans #1 in NFL

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

ESPN votes Steeler fans #1 in NFL

Postby Crosby4Life » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:12 am

Stillers.com Team

Re: ESPN votes Steeler fans #1 in NFL

Postby Nel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Crosby4Life wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

In other news...the sky is blue.

And rain is wet! :surockin:

Practice Squad

Postby StillCurtain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm

... and if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle!
"There are Two kinds of people in life, those that like the Stillers... and those that wish they did!" - a Wise Man

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:04 pm

What, not the Cowfags or Patemdicks? Awwww isnt that a shame they couldnt buy this too.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

When all was said and done, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers ended up tied for first. But much like the International Gymnastics Federation, we came up with an elaborate tiebreaking process in which Hall of Fame writer John Clayton of ESPN was called upon to keep things above board. Clayton, who grew up in the East Braddock section of Pittsburgh, picked the Steelers, which seems totally fair.

Love it! :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Let's not forget...

Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

:surockin: :surockin: :surockin: :surockin:

(someone had to say it :subngtowl: )

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:56 pm

im in san jose CA and i know of three steeler bars i can go to...one only a couple miles from my house......3200 miles from pittsburgh and i have to drive three miles....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:00 am

I was in San Jose on a job not too long ago... Well, stayed in San Jose... The gig was in Santa Clara.

You're lucky there, Hi5. I'm not so sure of my Steelers bar options anymore as the place I frequented the past few years has since been closed down. It happens when you have stupid people do stupid things (a big brawl full of bruthas) along with a management change that ended up running it into the ground.

There are a couple of really good Steelers bars over in Dallas/north Dallas, but it's still a good 30-45 minute drive from where I am. I certainly hope I can find something a lot closer than that before going to watch my first game.

Practice Squad

Postby RoethlisCrosby87 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:20 am

I live in Las Vegas now but I grew up in Cranberry Township, PA and I can tell you there are close to 10 Steelers Bars in the Las Vegas Valley. Not to mention, a brand new Steelers bar that just opened up literally half of a mile from my house in the southwest corner of the valley.

I also work as a front desk agent at one of the hotels on the Strip and I usually meet at least one Steelers fan per day, and see a whole lot more of them. Whenever I check in someone from Western PA I tell them where I'm from and a lot of the times it will become a football conversation. None of my co-workers (except one from Bethel Park) can understand the connection that I feel to other Steelers fans and people from the burgh. No other team has that.

I have Sundays and Mondays off and unfortunately for me, the playoff game against the Jags last year fell on a Saturday night when I was working. We have four large flat screens hanging behind the front desk so I was able to watch most of the game. I had my terrible towel and everything. The funny part was that by the end of the game, there was a mob of Steelers fans (guests in the hotel and people checking in) standing down at the end of the front desk watching the disappointing game with me. My managers seemed to know not to mess with me when the Steelers were on and didn't say anything about the lack of work I was doing. I almost killed my supervisor who was a bandwagon Patriots fan rooting for the Jags just to piss me off. Go Steelers!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:19 am

I lived in Las Vegas for about 8 months.

While there, when I went to go watch any games away from home (I had some free dish TV workin' where I was.. arrrrrr!) I always went to J.C. Wooloughan at the Rampart. It's a really nice Irish pub. When the Steelers play, there's no other game on any of their many TVs.

Have you ever checked it out, RoethlisCrosby?

Practice Squad

Postby RoethlisCrosby87 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 am

I used to live right next to the Rampart but I never went, mainly because I wasn't 21 and there is a membership fee at that place if I'm not mistaken. Its like a club right? I heard they have good food and hardcore fans. When I lived on the UNLV campus I went to a bar called Play of the Day off of Maryland Pkwy and Flamingo which had a great atmosphere. I met lots of fans from the Burgh.

This year, I've got my Directv with Sunday Ticket. I can't wait to have all the games in HD from the comfort of my own couch! Last year sucked having to search for those sopcast channels nearly every week. Most of the time they show Raiders or Chargers games on TV out here which sucks.

Where in Vegas did you live? If your in town this year let me know and I will head on over to JC Woolighans

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 am

I used to live around Buffalo/Trop... Back behind that Rounders a couple blocks, if you know where that is.

I don't see myself being there in town this football season but stranger things have happened.

I'm about to get my Dish Network setup the good ole-fashioned 'Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!' way here where I live. That will allow me to get local programming from around the country which works nicely for a traveler that:

1.) Believes in free-ninety-free.
2.) Thinks DVR is super-nice when it comes to sporting events I can catch when I'm home.
3.) Enjoy the current technologies like Slingboxes and such.

Here's to satellites signals in the air coupled with 0s and 1s!!! :cheers:

Oh yeah. And football. Definitely football. :cheers:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby DirtDawson » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:Let's not forget...

Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

:surockin: :surockin: :surockin: :surockin:

(someone had to say it :subngtowl: )

yeah but I'll never forgive your city for ruining the greatest football talent of all time.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm

I know...Billy Sims was a HELLUVA player ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Billy Sims was a HELLUVA player ;)

No way! We all know he was talking about Andre Ware.

I'll never forgive your city

My city? I've never BEEN to Detroit, much less lived there or OWNED it for that matter. The statement was an old-school Stillers.com jab pointing out the obvious going with the 'rain is wet' and 'sky is blue' theme... Nothing more.

Return to Stillers Talk