Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Max Starks

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Max Starks

Postby Iron Gut » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Edmund Nelson brought up an interesting topic during the game.

With his lackluster performance, could the Steelers afford to cut Max and save his 7 Million?

Frankly, Essex looked just as good as Max. Plus there may be a talented tackle or two cut also near waiver time.

I agree it is a gamble, but sometimes gambles pay off. Then they can take some of that $$ and sign Smith or Kemo.

Plus, if you cut Max after his shitty performance, noone is going to pay him huge $$, you may be able to resign him for a 1 year deal for half. (I know it is a long shot, but half a pie is better than nothing).

Practice Squad

Re: Max Starks

Postby STEELERMACE » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am

Obviously you don’t listen to Ed Bouchette that much. Max’s one year contract of $7 million dollars is guaranteed this year. If we cut him we would not be saving money to sign anyone else, or extend Smith’s or Kemo’s contracts. So it would be worthless cutting him because he would be sitting around doing nothing collecting $7 million. If you don't know anything about the game of football please don't comment on it.

Practice Squad

Postby StillCurtain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 am

Starks is nothing more then insurance policy. An expensive one that I am sure will allow us to do more with next year as I am sure he will not be on the team and will be an Arizona Cardninal. I was actually surprised that the front office did tag Starks.

As for the douche bag that questions football knowledge... why don't you go chase some parked cars! :sufu:
"There are Two kinds of people in life, those that like the Stillers... and those that wish they did!" - a Wise Man

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Where can I get that t shirt?

anyone?

bueller?

bueller?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Iron Gut » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:01 am

STEELERMACE wrote:Obviously you don’t listen to Ed Bouchette that much. Max’s one year contract of $7 million dollars is guaranteed this year. If we cut him we would not be saving money to sign anyone else, or extend Smith’s or Kemo’s contracts. So it would be worthless cutting him because he would be sitting around doing nothing collecting $7 million. If you don't know anything about the game of football please don't comment on it.

His contract is guaranteed if he makes the roster. Go choke on your boyfriends dick.

Return to Stillers Talk