Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Pats caught cheating with I.R. players. definite no no.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Pats caught cheating with I.R. players. definite no no.

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Tucker agrees with Walsh: Pats** practiced with IR players
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 22, 2008, 5:39 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Former Pats** video assistant Matt Walsh, in a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last week, said that a Pats** player on injured reserve practiced when he wasn't allowed to in 2001. The NFL said it would investigate the claim.

Tucker continued to contend the Pats** used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." He first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Pats** coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Last Friday, in an article published on SI.com, Tucker wrote that: "I had heard the Pats** did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, 'Every team in the league does that.' I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

"Basically, the Pats** would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

Tucker played with Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, New England and Cleveland during his career. He currently writes for SI.com and hosts a show on Sirius satellite radio.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Pats caught cheating with I.R. players. definite no no.

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu May 22, 2008 7:35 pm

If bellicheat doesnt get suspended NOW ....with this new cheating.....then PA Senator Arlen Specter will end up having a coronary.....

SOMEONE FIRE THIS BELLICHEAT MOTHER FUCKER ALREADY!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Thu May 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Very Hard to Watch all this Go Down and just know no one is gonna do anything to Remedy the situation.

Unless this clown is Suspended i have no faith in Goodell.
That means nothing as i only care about football because of the Steelers. And teh Steelers say this is all over with.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Let's face it, Goodell is now the cop on the street waving us all by, saying "come on folks, move it along now, nothing to see here." Someone could find video of the Patriots actually buying another team's playbook, and the league would do nothing. Someone could find video of Belichik finger-banging an altar boy in the ball-pit at McDonalds and nothing would be done. Let's just concentrate on going up there to that fucked-up stadium located in the filthy ass-end of Massachusetts and kicking their cheating asses.

I went to the game in Fuxboro last season, and had to endure the taunts and jeers of all the retarded-sounding New England dickwads. I'm trying to get my hands on tix for this season's game, so I can be there when we win.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Thu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm

TheOldRanger wrote:Let's face it, Goodell is now the cop on the street waving us all by, saying "come on folks, move it along now, nothing to see here." Someone could find video of the Patriots actually buying another team's playbook, and the league would do nothing. Someone could find video of Belichik finger-banging an altar boy in the ball-pit at McDonalds and nothing would be done. Let's just concentrate on going up there to that fucked-up stadium located in the filthy ass-end of Massachusetts and kicking their cheating asses.

I went to the game in Fuxboro last season, and had to endure the taunts and jeers of all the retarded-sounding New England dickwads. I'm trying to get my hands on tix for this season's game, so I can be there when we win.

Good Stuff

Practice Squad

Postby SteelThrillsseeker » Fri May 23, 2008 5:34 am

Was in the house at Heinz Field when we demolished the Cheatriots.

Absolutely electrified game experience from start to finish. Place was rockin. Anyone that was there knows what i mean.

In hindsight they come back and own us in the AFCCG. Hinds quoted in the paper afterwards about them...knowing our plays better than the Steelers did, and how it was like they were in our huddle.

FUCK THEM MOTHERFUCKING CHEATING BITCHES. WOULD GLADLY PAY THE FINE TO SMASH BELICHEAT AND BRADY SQUARE IN THE MOTHER FUCKING FACE!

SUSPEND THAT CHEATING FUCK OF A COACH ALLREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm

So basically new proof is uncovered that the Pats cheated the IR rules. Nothing done by Goodell. This was not "more of what we already knew". This was a significant rule violation that warranted action by the league. How could NOTHING be done even if it were a slap on the wrist?

Return to Stillers Talk