Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Saw the Texans vs. Dallas game

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Saw the Texans vs. Dallas game

Postby Hoppy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:27 am

Dallas is over rated and the Texans missed on a 2 point conversion with a few seconds left to lose by a point.

Slayton from WVA ran well in the 2nd half, also the Texan kickoff return team had a good game. I'd be squibbing to them in the opener. They looked better defensively too.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Saw the Texans vs. Dallas game

Postby Steelers4Tim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 am

Hoppy wrote:Dallas is over rated and the Texans missed on a 2 point conversion with a few seconds left to lose by a point.

Slayton from WVA ran well in the 2nd half, also the Texan kickoff return team had a good game. I'd be squibbing to them in the opener. They looked better defensively too.

The Steelers had better come into our season opener prepared like a motherfucker, because this Texans team can beat us. No, I'm not joking.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 am

Andre Johnson is a monster that doesn't get nearly the attention he deserves. Schuab's just good enough to get him the ball. Our secondary is going to have a very hard time stopping him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Crosby4Life wrote:Andre Johnson is a monster that doesn't get nearly the attention he deserves. Schuab's just good enough to get him the ball. Our secondary is going to have a very hard time stopping him.

Don't worry, we'll give him a 16 yard cushion on first and 10

Practice Squad

Postby b0ng » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Don't let the Texans defense fool you, there are plenty of holes in it. The Defensive Coordinator is an unimaginative coach that refuses to bring any sort of crazy blitzes or stunts, or even mask the blitzes.

The secondary is pretty much rookies, has beens, or burnt toast (Jacques Reeves). The LB corps is DeMeco Ryans and some other guys (Morlon Greenwood who is way overpaid, and Zac Diles who was a 7th rd pick last year). The front four should be the devastating part of our defense but it seems the only performers are Mario Williams, and Amobi Okoye. Unfortunately for Okoye (Who is 300lbs or less) he is asked to eat up blockers rather than shoot the gaps, so he gets washed out of running plays quite a bit.

Now if you were scared of the offense I could see that. If the Texans can come up with even a mediocre run game they could probably win a lot of the shootouts that they find themselves in, but I don't see that happening in week 1. I think the possibility of a Texans win is there, but it would have to be the Steelers really letting the Texans have the game, rather than the Texans winning it.

Yes, I root for the Texans, and I will have a hardcore Steeler fan at my house in week 1 but that's okay. I will also have a hardcore amount of beer.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Solid first post and welcome, b0ng!

Practice Squad

Postby b0ng » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Not going to lie to you, unless the Texans meet the Steelers in the post season I don't think you guys will see much of me after week 1. But don't delete my account because I will show up for every Houston/Pittsburgh matchup.

And thanks!

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 pm

b0ng wrote:Not going to lie to you, unless the Texans meet the Steelers in the post season I don't think you guys will see much of me after week 1. But don't delete my account because I will show up for every Houston/Pittsburgh matchup.

And thanks!

Astute fan chat is always welcome. I can't say smack talk won't occur, but you're always welcome.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Welcome to Stillers.com, b0ng. Kick off your shoes, kick back, relax and stick around awhile. You will eventually come to love us. People just can't seem to help themselves. :lol:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 pm

b0ng appears to be a fan who was not spoiled by too much winning, and thus b0ng is a realist without an overblown sense of entitlement.

How refreshing! :suplusone:

Return to Stillers Talk