Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Browns trade for CB

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Browns trade for CB

Postby Iron Gut » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/08/20/dolphins.browns.trade.ap/index.html

I have not heard much about this guy. Obviously, the Brownies are worried about their DB's and have traded yet another draft choice away. At the rate they are going, they won't have any picks left for next year.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Browns trade for CB

Postby steelerette » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 pm

Iron Gut wrote:At the rate they are going, they won't have any picks left for next year.

That's gooooood! Image

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:05 am

The fact that they're willing to trade a draft pick for a Dolphin's player can only be considered a good thing for the other teams in the division.

You have to be REALLY desperate to want somebody from that roster. I think Penn Hills could take them on at this point...

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:15 am

Crosby4Life wrote:The fact that they're willing to trade a draft pick for a Dolphin's player can only be considered a good thing for the other teams in the division.

You have to be REALLY desperate to want somebody from that roster. I think Penn Hills could take them on at this point...

I love this season already. :balloon:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 am

Romeo is one of the dumbest coaches in the NFL. The only reason he has a job right now is because the browns had a good start last season and road it. One thing all the people giving the browns the division this year forget is what happened the second half of their season. They fell apart.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm in agreeance with Nel about the lost-draft pick to a division opponent/foe being a good thing along with F.o.S. pointing out that the Stains blew it down the stretch last year which no one seems to talk about.

Travis Daniels... Who has ever heard of Travis Daniels?

I had to look the guy up and, comparing his statistics to those that may be considered 'elite' at the position... This guy looks like a scub.

Moral of the story : The Browns pissed away a draft pick for someone that is mediocre at best. :sufu: Good job, Cleveland!

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Depending on what round the conditional pick ends up being, I don't see it as a bad trade. Phins will prolly get a 6th or 7th rd pick for Travis Daniels. If you can find a guy picked in the 6th or 7th rd that's even still in the league in 3 years, it's a good pick.

There are way more Bo Lacys of the world than there are Tom Bradys.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

I certainly cannot fault your logic, BeavisFour.

:suplusone:

Return to Stillers Talk