Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Bouchette Spreads Mythical Babble about Ken Bel

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Bouchette Spreads Mythical Babble about Ken Bel

Postby StillMill » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:34 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2271.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Bouchette Spreads Mythical Babble about Ken Bel

Postby steelerette » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 pm

And, if Larry Timmons rots the bench because of such bullshti rationale about "learning the defense", you'll be hearing an earful from this writer exposing the weak-assed, fraudulent play of Larry Slow-a-Foote.

Preach it, Steelers' brother! Excellent article, as always. :cheers:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:22 am

The question in my mind is whether Bouchette and the other newsprint mythologists know that they promulgate such inaccurate tripe? :sutimebomb:

His stuff probably sells the newspapers by making ignorant fans feel all warm inside.

The writing by Mill is why I have read stillers.com occasionally for about 4-5 years (for what my opinion is worth). I appreciate his perspective and his affection for facts. :yes:

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:33 pm

The season is little more than 2 weeks away and Bouchette has nothing better to write about than Kendrell Bell??

For that matter, Mill either?

Practice Squad

Postby stuck in seventies » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Bouchette is arrogant and very annoying...I read his chat yesterday (I must remind myself not to do that anymore) and I was glad to hear a little still mill bashing of him today. I am not sure what attributes he has that allow him to be considered knowledgeable about the steelers...but he sounds like an idiot!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 am

BeavisFour wrote:The season is little more than 2 weeks away and Bouchette has nothing better to write about than Kendrell Bell??

For that matter, Mill either?

Fairly new here, I assume? Mill likes to pat himself on the back as much as possible when he gets something right (no matter how obvious it was). There's absolutely no statute of limitations on these things either. He'll be trashing Jason Gildon looooong after everyone stops caring (if that hasn't happened already).

In short, expect this:

As for Bouchette, I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to read his articles, or any other writer's articles, for that matter. Everyone complains about him, yet, they keep reading his stuff. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. So, I dunno...

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 am

Crosby4Life wrote:
Fairly new here, I assume? Mill likes to pat himself on the back as much as possible when he gets something right (no matter how obvious it was). There's absolutely no statute of limitations on these things either. He'll be trashing Jason Gildon looooong after everyone stops caring (if that hasn't happened already).

In short, expect this:

As for Bouchette, I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to read his articles, or any other writer's articles, for that matter. Everyone complains about him, yet, they keep reading his stuff. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. So, I dunno...

Actually, I've been around Stillers.com for a while. I'm not as outspoken as some here. Some of the older posters may remember me. Mill and I have had a few words back in the day. In the 10 years or so this site has been up, Mill has been wrong more times than he's been right. Wonder why he won't list that...hmmm...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:15 am

BeavisFour wrote:
Actually, I've been around Stillers.com for a while. I'm not as outspoken as some here. Some of the older posters may remember me. Mill and I have had a few words back in the day. In the 10 years or so this site has been up, Mill has been wrong more times than he's been right. Wonder why he won't list that...hmmm...

I've had some email exchanges with him as well, a few years ago. I knew what his response was going to be, and even included what I assumed his response would be. Not only did he completely ignore the questions I asked him, but his response included every element I predicted it would (trash about Gildon, reference to "Rose-colored glasses", etc).

I really started to wonder if maybe his email responses were just automated with some kind of random Mill-quote generator. After all, it's how his articles are written...

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:26 pm

steelerette wrote:
And, if Larry Timmons rots the bench because of such bullshti rationale about "learning the defense", you'll be hearing an earful from this writer exposing the weak-assed, fraudulent play of Larry Slow-a-Foote.

If I tell you that I am going to expose you for being a shitty analyst prior to you ever have written a word about the 2008 season, how would you expect my opinions of your anlysis to be objective? After all, I already told you that your analysis sucks prior to you having ever written a word.

The above logic is exactly the same thing that is being applied to Foote. It has already been PREDETERMINED that Foote will display "weak-assed, fraudulent play". Why will it be "weak-assed, fraudulent play" you may ask? Well of course Foote will play poorly because Timmons is rotting on the bench because he is learning the defense. Is this logical? The corner stone of any and all good analysis is OBJECTIVITY.

The argument that Timmons should start is 100% reasonable. The argument that Foote sucks because Timmons is not playing fails the common sense cause and effect test.

I would anticipate that Foote will become the 2008 whipping boy of stillers.com regardless of anything that taked place between the white lines from today moving forward.

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:57 pm

I would anticipate that Foote will become the 2008 whipping boy of stillers.com regardless of anything that taked place between the white lines from today moving forward

i think Casey already took he whipping boy position from Porter, which in turn took it from Gildon.

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

BeavisFour wrote:
I would anticipate that Foote will become the 2008 whipping boy of stillers.com regardless of anything that taked place between the white lines from today moving forward

i think Casey already took he whipping boy position from Porter, which in turn took it from Gildon.

True. Perhaps this is just the laying of the groundwork for Tomlin taking Cowher's right side in Football Hell as we all know he will end up on stillers.com. After all, all poor plays are due to lack of focus and effort, which in turn is the result of poor coaching. Maybe Casey has the whipping boy position locked up. There is always room for more coaches on the shit list here.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Wow.

I wonder who I call in order to get my 5 minutes back from reading that tripe...

I mean... It just seemed to be filled with a lot of copying/pasting of stats coupled with the general Stillers.com rhetoric.

I could write something better than that, but why do so when it's been done over and over? I can certainly appreciate the beating-a-dead-horse picture.

-1 Still Mill. That sucked. Try to stay away from filler-articles like that. Wasn't worth my time. I hope no one else wastes theirs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Uh...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:26 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:

Uh...

Do you have some type of problem? PMSing today, perhaps? If you don't care for Mill's article, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But I also have the right to like his article and give kudos if I feel it is necessary. Seems odd that you chose to quote my post when there was also a male who gave kudos to Mill as well. *smirks*

That is all. Carry on.
Last edited by steelerette on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Zorro wrote:
steelerette wrote:

If I tell you that I am going to expose you for being a shitty analyst prior to you ever have written a word about the 2008 season, how would you expect my opinions of your anlysis to be objective? After all, I already told you that your analysis sucks prior to you having ever written a word.

The above logic is exactly the same thing that is being applied to Foote. It has already been PREDETERMINED that Foote will display "weak-assed, fraudulent play". Why will it be "weak-assed, fraudulent play" you may ask? Well of course Foote will play poorly because Timmons is rotting on the bench because he is learning the defense. Is this logical? The corner stone of any and all good analysis is OBJECTIVITY.

The argument that Timmons should start is 100% reasonable. The argument that Foote sucks because Timmons is not playing fails the common sense cause and effect test.

I would anticipate that Foote will become the 2008 whipping boy of stillers.com regardless of anything that taked place between the white lines from today moving forward.

Is this post directed towards me since you quoted my post? Just wonderin'. Image

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Do you have some type of problem? PMSing today, perhaps? If you don't care for Mill's article, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But I also have the right to like his article and give kudos if I feel it is necessary. Seems odd that you chose to quote my post when there was also a male who gave kudos to Mill as well.

Whooooooa there lil lassy! Take a moment to sit back, take a breath, and pull that black-n-gold wedge from your bo-bo.

We can indeed agree to disagree. We're all family here. :subngtowl:

Cheers! :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:
Do you have some type of problem? PMSing today, perhaps? If you don't care for Mill's article, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But I also have the right to like his article and give kudos if I feel it is necessary. Seems odd that you chose to quote my post when there was also a male who gave kudos to Mill as well.

Whooooooa there lil lassy! Take a moment to sit back, take a breath, and pull that black-n-gold wedge from your bo-bo.

We can indeed agree to disagree. We're all family here. :subngtowl:

Cheers! :cheers:

Then you may want to start by not patronizing me. If anyone has something stuck up their ass, it appears to be you. Poor thing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Then you may want to start by not patronizing me.

I was not patronizing you. It's all in jest; good fun. Don't take such meaningless things so serious.

We can all get along here. I promise. :yes: :cheers:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:05 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:I could write something better than that...

Stillers.com looks forward to receiving your first article.
Please email it to trenches upon completion.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 pm

[quote="BeavisFour] Some of the older posters may remember me. Mill and I have had a few words back in the day. In the 10 years or so this site has been up, Mill has been wrong more times than he's been right. Wonder why he won't list that...hmmm...[/quote]

a. No one remembers you.

b. I don't recall "having a few words back in the day" with you.

c. If you're so brilliantly smart and you can recount specifically where I have been "wrong more times than right", then please be specific and list it here. Otherwise, STFU.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk