Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Polamalu Slated to Return

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Polamalu Slated to Return

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:52 am

After a successful day of hard running with no issues, Polamalu now hopes to return to practice Tuesday and play against the Vikes on Saturday.

It sure would be nice to have Troy back to form, or at least better than average, during the regular season... :suxfingers:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Polamalu Slated to Return

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 am

Heck it would be nce to have him back period.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Iron Gut » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Having Troy back and healthy is a huge boost to the defense. When Troy is healthy, dude is a beast. Unfortunatley, he's been snakebitten by injuries (the result of his reckless style). If he can keep himself in one piece, the Steelers D will certainly be that much better. With the influx of some youth at the LB position, this D could shine as long as the D-line atleast plays at a mediocre level.

I'm starting to get excited about the possibilities for this team. (Try the koolaid with me, grape is my favorite) :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm

He'll be out with a pussy sprain by week 2 :sudancin:

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 pm

No l Gravity l wrote:He'll be out with a pussy sprain by week 2 :sudancin:

Then don't you mean :sucrutches: ???

:D

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 pm

No l Gravity l wrote:He'll be out with a pussy sprain by week 2 :sudancin:

Is that a medical term?
Or just a USC thing?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Troy is back, Troy is back! :celebrate: Oh, how I've missed him. I hope now he will actually try to tackle the opponent as opposed to pouncing on them. Can't wait to see him in action Saturday night.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 pm

I heard he will be using an old Kung Fu Theater trick and putting razor blades in his hair. I've heard that it's never been tried in the NFL so it might just work.

8-)

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 pm

steelerette wrote: I hope now he will actually try to tackle the opponent as opposed to pouncing on them.

Let's hope so, steelerette. I can sense the natives getting a little restless about Troy, and the honeymoon may over unless he steps back up this season.

Sorry for the cliches, but I'm not as sharp as you!

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Nel... you speak true. Troy better play the role of warrior or unfortunately, he'll lose the backing of the fans. His impacts over the past two years has been more sub-par (due to lack of playing or playing effectively) than superb.

He's an amazing athlete and I hope he comes back with energy and explosion.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm

trenches:

Yes, a healthy Troy is a truly amazing spectacle. I think he can and will have a big year for the Steelers. But he will have to start slowly to avoid injury, he's not in playing shape and he has a tendency to overplay!

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Nel,

The funny thing is that for such a mellow, introspective guy off the field, he loses his mind on the field. He can tell the coaching staff and trainers everything they want to hear then go on the field, overdue it by 10000% and spontaneously combust on the field. That worries me.

:sutimebomb:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

trenches:

His on-the-field "insanity" (?) is exactly what Pittsburgh fans most love and fear about his performance, you are correct. It is a very thin edge he's on when he is playing. His adrenalin production must really peak.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:22 am

Unfortunatley, he's been snakebitten by injuries (the result of his reckless style).

I am not so sure it is from his reckless lifestyle. Hear me out...

As a few others, I'm believing that his bout with the injury bug was due to him getting away from his speed and resistance training regime going over to tranditional weights and conditioning. Sure, this latest injury comes after re-adapting back to his old ways but I think that type of training is what made Troy become the Troy we used to love prior to him playing Duce Staley with his hands down his pants on the sideline holding onto his 'warmers'.

This season is going to be more important than any other season as a Steeler thus far for Troy. He went back to his ways to increase his speed, flexibility, and stamina. Let's hope that he will also go back to being that force that HAS to be accounted for. If so, our defense is really going to help opposing punters work on getting their averages up!

Here's to football! :cheers:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:01 am

Troy's shoulders appear to be a bit more beefy this year (from looking at the photos). Let's hope that is true and that it helps him absorb the battering-ram tackling style he uses.

Return to Stillers Talk