Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mill's Latest Articles

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Mill's Latest Articles

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:45 am

That's right articleS - as in more than one.

Loose Slag
http://stillers.com/articles/2256.aspx

And

Stillers-Eagles Postgame Commentary
http://stillers.com/articles/2257.aspx

Have at it.
Last edited by StillMill on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sticky

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Mill's Latest Articles

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 am

Is it me or is it that every article or post or every time Mill goes to the bathroom Hammer is reporting on it? Give it a break you can only suck up so much. Like noone else here can find an article hell it is the first page you see or does he think we are all blind.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:46 am

Why would I suck up to Mill? Mill has no power here, This site is Trenches. Besides, this site needs me more right now than I need it.

The reason I posted the link to Mill's articles, is because people have the forums bookmarked, and for a long time there was no link from the forums to the front page.(that has been fixed since)
Mill's articles generally have started some discussion, (though these two obviously did not) and I am trying to get some discussion going here.

I don't agree with much of what Mill writes. For example, I think his take on our punting situation may come back to burn him later this season - and I will be the first to point it out when the time comes.

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE NEGATIVITY?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am

Not meant as a negative thing just a question. It would take too long to explain and the words probably wouldnt come out right so Ill just leave it at that.
You are probably right in that this site needs people. I am not here but when I am home seeing that I spend a lot of time on the road that isnt as often as Id like. The site has aways slowed in the summer but it seems to have slowed a lot more this summer. Though I did not see all the crap that caused the split of a lot of people it did happen and I see that it did affect the site. Though from what I saw there was a lot of fighting and complaining there was also a lot of heated debates that were good. But I really dont know the whole story of the big changes over the last months as far as those departed and why.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:25 am

We have people. Our viewing number is higher than other Steelers fans sites. We just need folks to join the discussion. (It is FREE!)
The site is running well.
Trenches is around now (he had some real world stuff going on last season)
and he is constantly updating the site.

A few egos got out of control last season; thought because they donated some funds they should have more control; some folks we thought were friends stab us in the back - stole from us and others spammed and attacked the site and its technology.

Basically some folks thought they were bigger than the collective. They think their personas are what made the board great. Truth is many personas have come and gone over the years - this last groups was no greater than those who have come and gone in the past - the board always survives. New personas will emerge.
Now is your chance to be one of them.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I always enjoy reading Mill's articles. I prefer to not read negativity in posts here and I avoid people with big egos and people with their "ups and downs" constantly on display. I prefer this site to the other fan sites, so I do not post at the others. I appreciate the posts of thesteelhammer. Personas can ruin sites. I am here for the information and bonafide Steelers camaraderie.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Nel wrote:I always enjoy reading Mill's articles. I prefer to not read negativity in posts here and I avoid people with big egos and people with their "ups and downs" constantly on display. I prefer this site to the other fan sites, so I do not post at the others. I appreciate the posts of thesteelhammer. Personas can ruin sites. I am here for the information and bonafide Steelers camaraderie.

AMEN
and Thanks Nel.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 am

Nel wrote:I always enjoy reading Mill's articles. I prefer to not read negativity in posts here and I avoid people with big egos and people with their "ups and downs" constantly on display. I prefer this site to the other fan sites, so I do not post at the others. I appreciate the posts of thesteelhammer. Personas can ruin sites. I am here for the information and bonafide Steelers camaraderie.

Really? I kinda miss OJ Simpson and Timmay :celebrate:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby gutofsteel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:52 am

Yeah, I bookmark the forum and rarely check the front page, so I appreciate the heads up when a new article is posted

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am

Look, Mill is what brought me to this site originally when he first started calling out the Gilded Dong. This was back in the I think 1999 - 2001 era. Don't agree with everything he says, but its a different outlook on things than the regular pittsburgh media of everything is wonderful and grand.

The past 2 years things have been gong downhill on this site and led me to actually stop coming here for about9 months. Luckilly, I checked back recently and saw that it was no longer just a bitch forum. Kudos to whomever tightened the reigns back up :cheers:

Practice Squad

Postby Deadguy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:56 pm

The play that made me beam with joy was a dump off into the flats to a fairly wide-open Phil RB. Out of nowhere, ILB Larry Timmons flashed over like a lightning bolt and made the stop. GET THIS MAN ONTO THE FIELD. When you have the absolute slowest pair of ILBs in the NFL, you must get an speedy athlete like Timmons onto the field. The rookie season coddling has now been completed; now, get this man onto the field.

Well... at least there's a discussion about having a discussion. :roll:

On the Timmons play... I ,too, was excited about seeing him fly to the ball carrier. With Farrior and Foote in there, that play is good for at least 6-8 more yards. I love James, but he isn't the fastest LB anymore. Having a ILB playmaker would give this D a lot more bite.

That being said, I noticed one of the coaches giving Timmons an earful (directly after that play). From the body language, it didn't look like it was a pat on the back... looked to me like he may have blown his original assignment. If I remember correctly, it looked like there were two Steelers in one area and then Timmons hauled ass to make that play. Just wondering if anyone else saw that and if so, do you think that's the case.

I'm looking forward to getting #94 in there, but I'm not sure if he's ready for more than the sub packages. He has first round talent, I'm not unhappy that they drafted him last year, but with the amount he played in college, I think he may need another year before he starts.

Having all that physical ability won't mean much if he doesn't know what his job is.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Farrior does seem to have slowed a bit.

I didn't notice the coaches & Timmons, but he reinds me a bit of Jame Harrison's early years with the Steelers. Alot of physical ability, and a lot of blow assignments.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Witchblade » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:40 am

Having all that physical ability won't mean much if he doesn't know what his job is.

Bullshit! Play the man.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.
P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

Return to Stillers Talk