Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Ben the Leader. You buying?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Ben the Leader. You buying?

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm

nice fluff piece on Ben as the leader of this team.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3511714

What do you think?

Practice Squad

Re: Ben the Leader. You buying?

Postby StillerInCT » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 am

He became the leader the day he signed the $102 mil contract. I think entering his 5th season, that he's ready to lead the team. He's a competitor and can will the team to a win, and you can see that when he plays the game. I honestly think last season was only a glimpse at what this kid is capable of. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the running for MVP this season, he might be the dark horse.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 am

Ben is a special player, the kind whom head coaches dream about, the kind of guy to whom a team can hitch its metaphorical horses and let run. If we can keep him healthy, he's going to do great things. Of course, no QB can win it all without help, but a great QB can win games he should lose. That's one of the main things that separates the good from the great. It's his time now. We've endured the Bristers and the Woodleys and the Maddoxes and the Stewarts for years, and now it's our turn again. Or so the tea leaves tell me.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 pm

ben has been the leader since his second year when he led the team to the superbowl. rewatch the season. watch him on the sidelines. hes always been the leader.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah with this Prime Potent and highly effective and feared Offensive Line he will run up the numbers and destroy secondaries. He will be on ESPN every week replacing Brady and the 2 Mannings. Ben has most of the tools but it will be hard for him to do this on his back. If it were not for his size and athletic ability he ould not have fared so well the last 2 years. How long can he take the punishment? How many sacks this year. You say 47 last year but how many did he avoid it could have been 90. And as much as you guys hate Alan F he is gone and whoa they have replaced him with........ get my point. Most DL and LB come in here licking their chops .. When Marino retired everyone said if only Miami gave him a D.. When Big Ben retires they are going to say if only he had an O-Line.

Practice Squad

Postby Sillmiller » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm buying it, owing it, and taking it to the bank for many years to come. Like the article said what Ben wants Ben gets

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 pm

When Marino retired everyone said if only Miami gave him a D.. When Big Ben retires they are going to say if only he had an O-Line

but Ben already got his Super Bowl :). Though i'm sure he wishes he would have played better.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Nashsteeler wrote:
When Marino retired everyone said if only Miami gave him a D.. When Big Ben retires they are going to say if only he had an O-Line

but Ben already got his Super Bowl :). Though i'm sure he wishes he would have played better.

But he still hasn't got an O-Line. Unless the Front Office wants him to set the single season sack record while winning the Super Bowl. If so we all should save up and buy him a wheel chair.

Return to Stillers Talk