Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Nate - Nate Pities the Fool!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Nate - Nate Pities the Fool!

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:41 pm

In order to get talked about even more on internet message board, Nate Washington has gone "Mr. T"

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08210/900070-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Debate on Nate
The arrival of Sweed does not bother Nate Washington, who comes to camp as the No. 3 receiver behind Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes.

Washington even showed up at camp looking as though he's ready to fight for his job, sporting a Mr. T-style Mohawk haircut.

"It's a different look," Washington said. "Somebody suggested it and I took them up on it. I'll see how high it gets."

Washington, 24, enters his fourth season with the Steelers after signing as an undrafted free agent from Tiffin College. He is the team's fastest and most athletic receiver and is coming off a season in which he caught 29 passes for 450 yards and five touchdowns.

Washington moved into the No. 3 receiver role last season, moving past Cedrick Wilson on the depth chart. But, one month after the Steelers released Wilson after his arrest for assaulting his girlfriend, the Steelers drafted Sweed, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound receiver from Texas, in the second round.

The Steelers had Sweed rated as a first-round pick and thought he was too good a value to ignore in the second round.

"I feel good about it," Washington said. "It puts a little fire up under me. It makes me play the way I can."

Fastest? Most Athletic Reciever?
(Someone needs to point out the human blur that is Santonio Holmes to this reporter.)

Oh, Yeah - Hey Nate forget the hair and Focus on Football.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Nate - Nate Pities the Fool!

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

Well, at least Nate sounds motivated. Nothing like a little competition to wake up some people.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:14 am

So far it hasnt worked, he still cant catch

Practice Squad

Postby stillthere » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:34 am

jstallworth82 wrote:So far it hasnt worked, he still cant catch

Any facts? or just speculation?

Whatcha got?

not trying to be a dick but info is info.

Witness account (personal / second hand?)

Post Gazette? trib? ( I heard Jerome Bettis showed up to camp this year in the best shape of his career.)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:11 am

stillthere wrote:
jstallworth82 wrote:So far it hasnt worked, he still cant catch

Any facts? or just speculation?

Whatcha got?

not trying to be a dick but info is info.

Witness account (personal / second hand?)

Post Gazette? trib? ( I heard Jerome Bettis showed up to camp this year in the best shape of his career.)

see vrabenic's post :cheers:

Practice Squad

Postby stillthere » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm

see vrabenic's post :cheers:

Dixon sticks a ten yard out right in Nate Washington’s chest.

Play #1: Moore on a nice blitz pick up. Nate Washington beats Ike Taylor on an 8 yard out and Batch hits him in the numbers….and Nate catches the ball! Yay!

Play #3: Ike has Washington covered like a blanket, but Batch throws it to him anyway. Washington outjumps Ike, but doesn’t come down with it as Ike rips his hand away at the last second.

Play #10: Moore is swinging out of the backfield and appears to be the primary target, but he’s decked by Hoke. Potts then throws to Washington who beats Deshea on a 5 yard out.

Washington beats Roy Lewis on a 15 yard in, Ben throws it behind him, but Washington makes the catch.

The same post you are talking about?????

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=285

Selective reading? or remembering? or player hating?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Talk about selective reading I guess he didnt see the 2nd round play number 10
Kendall Simmons does a nice job to stop Aaron Smith, and Nate Washington blows by the secondary and is wide open on the post pattern. Batch throws a perfect 40 yard bomb to Washington who is 5 yards behind the secondary and he DROPS IT............

A number 3 receiver should never miss that pass, hekk a number 25 receiver doesn't miss that pass, hell, I bet Fatass Hampton could catch that pass.

I honestly think Nate has great moves above average speed but lacks either concentration or hands you pick which but every year every game he drops at least 1 gimmee pass. He may make some good catches but more often than not he drops a gimmee...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

stillthere wrote:

Selective reading? or remembering? or player hating?

Guess it is. I mean I've never seen butterfingerboy natenate drop a wide open pass before :yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Which of the following will you never hear?

1. Nate Washinton has good speed.

2. Nate Washington can get open.

3. Nate Washington runs good routes.

4. Nate Washington catches the rock as good as anyone

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Can't believe this has been on here a week and no one has posted a pic of Nate with Mohawk. (or Mr. T wih gold chais) :lol:

You guys are slipping.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am

Nate just got a major endorsement so I guess we should lay off picking on him. I can't believe he got this kind of endorsement..

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:23 am

According to the AP "Nestle just signed Pittsburgh Steeler Wide Receiver Nate Washington to a major endorsement for Butterfinger candy bars replacing Bart Simpson as the new representative." Nestle also released a statement saying that Nate Washington opitimizes what Butterfinger is all about with his distintive style of playing WR for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Terms were not released though Nestle stated that it was a major deal and compensation was in accordance with the magnitude of the deal. Nate's only comment was that hard work is rewarded in many enriching ways.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 pm

The endorsement is rather humorous ... Nate "Butterfinger" Washington. :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I thought so.. I actually like Nate but there is no hidding the fact that his hands or ability to concentrate on the ball are suspect. And how many of Nates' fans will remain when he drops a pass that costs us a win. I mean it will not take but 1 bad year for any player on this team for the bandwagon to run away. Fans here forget great years but never forget a bad game never mind a bad year. Ben could break every NFL record for a year and have 1 bad game and you will see people asking for his head.

Return to Stillers Talk