Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Nice Read On Greg Lloyd

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Nice Read On Greg Lloyd

Postby stillthere » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:32 pm

For any interested here is a little sumptin sumptin to keep you busy for 5 mins and a few hours of memories.

http://steelcurtainrising.blogspot.com/ ... years.html

Stillers.com Team

Re: Nice Read On Greg Lloyd

Postby Nel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Greg Lloyd was a great player, and that article about him was solidly written.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:23 am

Good, sensible, well written article.....up until the final paragraph.

That was ten years ago this week. While Joey Porter, James Farrior, Jason Gildon, and most recently James Harrison have certainly carried on the Steelers linebacker legacy, no one has ever matched Greg Lloyd's intensity, explosiveness, or on-the-field presence since then.

Including a gutless, loafing pussy like Jason GilDong in this list is laughable. Worse, claiming that GilDong "certainly carried on the Steelers linebacker legacy" is a slap in the face to any and all of the hard-nosed LBs that have played for the Stillers.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 am

stillthere wrote:For any interested here is a little sumptin sumptin to keep you busy for 5 mins and a few hours of memories.

http://steelcurtainrising.blogspot.com/ ... years.html

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. I'm a relatively new Steelers fan starting back in '92 and Lloyd is my all-time favorite player (the 70s was before my time). The thing I miss the most from this defense is the nastiness that we used to have. Kendrell Bell had it for a short while, Joey Porter had it for a while, but we've been way too cordial since the 90s.

Return to Stillers Talk