Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » This seasons Kiesel?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

This seasons Kiesel?

Postby UKBlackNGold » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 am

Last pre-season we all salivated over the possibility of a free roaming and dominating breakout season from Mr Brett Kiesel.

Little early, but which player whom we expect big plays of and have high expectations for in 2008, will leave us deflated and exasperated come mid November?

Prime candidate could be Troy?

Stillers.com Team

Re: This seasons Kiesel?

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Hate to say it, but it might be Woodley.
First year starter. We are all expecting big things, but can he hold up to a starters playing time for 16 games?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UKBlackNGold » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 am

Woodley in limited time looked good last season, he's raised our hopes.

He's a physical specimen with a great attitude, got a good feeling about him.

Troy however, has already produced top end and we long for him to blossom
and produce on a consistent basis, but will that body hold up?

Hopefully his new off-season workout program will pay dividends, as potentially
he is an All-pro talent when healthy, may have to make some sacrifices to achieve
true greatness though!

Go Steelers!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:55 am

Alonzo Timmons....

Practice Squad

Postby RoethlisCrosby87 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:16 am

UKBlackNGold wrote:Last pre-season we all salivated over the possibility of a free roaming and dominating breakout season from Mr Brett Kiesel.

Little early, but which player whom we expect big plays of and have high expectations for in 2008, will leave us deflated and exasperated come mid November?

Prime candidate could be Troy?

I'd agree that Keisel did not quite live up to the hype that we heard in preseason about him being a hybrid and moving around a lot on the d-line. However, I think he kinda takes a bad rap. Part of it was scheme. Lebeau just didn't use him the way we heard in August. Although, its kinda hard to move Keisel around when Travis Kirschke is playing on the opposite side as opposed to Aaron Smith. But after watching a lot of our games on NFL Replay and Game of the Week from 2007, Keisel sticks out in my mind as deflecting a lot of passes at the line of scrimmage. He wasn't our worst d-line man by a long shot. I really hope we can stock up DL and OL on day one of the draft next year, or some of our scrubs step up and become studs. But thats another story.

To answer the question I think Woodley has high expectations being placed on his shoulders that will be hard to live up to. Even if he has a good sophomore season it might not be quite good enough. That's why I'm glad we got Bruce Davis, maybe they can share time and keep each other fresh to keep pressure on some of the premiere QB's we'll be facing this season.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UKBlackNGold » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:46 am

He wasn't our worst d-line man by a long shot.

I agree, Casey was pretty ordinary!

I really fear for our D'line this year! :(

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Well, Kiesel will be steady and improve over last year, Casey should be more game ready, and Aaron should be healthy. I still think that they could be better but they are not as bad as the O-line. Our Defense is good enough to keep us in most games but the Offense still needs to show the ability to move the ball more consistantly and that is due to the Offensive Line. Yeah Ben could have thrown it away instead of taking a sack but that doesn't change the fact that the O-Line hasn't done their job. I really think that our O-Line is going to loose us more games than any other group.
As far as any player . FWP No, not because I have doubts about him as a RB but beause of the combination of Poor OL, Injury, and changing the schemes to run an O with more 2 back sets. FWP needs and want the ball as much as possible. Taking away his carries will affect his rythym and maybe his psyc. expecially after the injury. But I believe he will handle it well I believe some fans will view his reduction in yards to his slipping a little.

Return to Stillers Talk