Board index » Stillers Talk » Coolest helmets

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Coolest helmets

Postby one4dathumb » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 am

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Coolest helmets

Postby steelerette » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:19 am

I think MJD is very wise in having the Steelers' helmet as #1. Some of his other picks suck, though, and that includes the Bengals.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:59 pm

one4dathumb wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Review-The-11-Coolest-Helmets-in-Pro-Football-H?urn=nfl,86651

What do you think?

I think this author should note that the Steelers logo is only on the right side of the helmet and he pictures it on the left side.

Maybe he didn't want to flip the previous 10 helmets around or just the Steelers helmet alone, since we read from left to right, a foreword motion is implied by the directional logos, of which I only see two, the stagnate buffalo and the gay pirate...oh wait, he fucked that all up also, the scrub.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Snockered Pedestrian » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:32 pm

The helmet pix used are from The Helmet Project website, and the Stillers helmet logo shown is on the incorrect side due to their attempt to maintain consistency by showing all left sides, while at the same time displaying the logo.

Obviously, the correct choice for #1 was made---not Blue Star Ointment (for crabs) , Flyin' Cheatin' Elvis, or the Burning Bowling Balls. #2 should have been the KC arrowhead instead of the Creamsicle Pirate.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Snockered Pedestrian wrote:The helmet pix used are from The Helmet Project website, and the Stillers helmet logo shown is on the incorrect side due to their attempt to maintain consistency by showing all left sides, while at the same time displaying the logo.

I agree. I don't think Stillustronic even needed to mention that the logo was on the incorrect side of the helmet. Steelers fans are aware of that, and it's not as if it wasn't mentioned by several different people who left their comments on the site one4dathumb provided a link for. All people have to do is read. Doh! :lol:

Practice Squad

Postby one4dathumb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 am

The author may have screwed up which side the logo was on. But his reasoning for number one was right on. The story behind the steelers logo has to make it number one. I'm sure there are a lot of football fans that couldn't tell you which side the logo is on if asked. Not a fan of the team but I think the Texans have a pretty cool helmet. What would be your second choice for coolest helmet?

Return to Stillers Talk