Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers-Bengals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stillers-Bengals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:55 am

Stillers-Bengals Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Stillers-Bengals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby stillgrill » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:23 am

Good bullet pts, Mill. My gawd, Ernster avgd 28 yds per kick. Lucky Lebeau's D is facing a bookworm Harvard QB instead of Palmer on the gift field position. You should've bashed Foote - his post-game TV interview showed "Larry Foote - 1 Tackle". 'nough said. The drops ARE getting annoying. The nagging injuries to FWP are ridiculous too. They should just hold him out til Tenn - it they can go 2-3 in the last 5, that s/b enough to win division. Don't see Balt Crows going 5-1 in their last six.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:01 am

"OC: Arians showed us a few surprises tonite. Short yardage near the GL, and Arians calls for a short pass to Miller for a TD. Hooray !! Stop the presses! Stunned that Arians didn’t call for 3 plunges by Moore. He also called for a quickie screen to Moore as the Bungals jailhouse blitzed, and Moore had an ACRE of room. Wow! I still wasn’t enthralled with an empty backfield set on 3rd & 2 in a tight game. Again, this is a blatant indication of an offense with no identity. The sputtering run game against a weak defense was vastly disappointing. B-"

Could we maybe move this up to a B just for going into an I formation on 4th and 1? If I saw that single back shit again on 4th and 1 I was going to throw my TV out the fucking window. Kudos to Bruce for realizing we do have plays involving a blocking fullback. Next, we can introduce him to running the ball to the right side of the line. Maybe?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Arians should be glued to his TV set and the Boise State game this weekend and next. Hopefully getting some offensive ideas. A halfback pass by Parker would be an immediate 6 points.

Time that Reed got recognized for winning kicks and games. Taken for granted in crappy weather.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Leo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:12 pm

-- Ernster is a piece of shit...unbelievable. I think Bobby Walden could do better, right now. We can't afford to give away that kind of field position in the games we have coming up. Was proud of the fans booing his lame ass after every pitiful boot.

-- Totally agree with giving props to Skippy Reed -- dude is money.

-- Go Titans - beat the Jets on Sunday

Seasoned Veteran

Postby DirtDawson » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:12 pm

i think aside from that bonehead play, Limas Sweed is showing some glimmers of potential.

I like how he catches and how he's willing to outstretch his body to make a diving grab. He had a couple of these during the preseason as well.

He's showing alot of promise. Maybe not as immediate as Plaxico, but it's still there.

Practice Squad

Postby brewster » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Excellent article once again. Totally agree on Ernster, he needs to improve or it'll kill us in the playoffs. I think the Steelers need a road game against the Patriots. Can't wait to see New England get smashed.

Practice Squad

Postby Steel 'eer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Yes, yes, yes. Again, Dick LeBeau is so lucky. He's running the defense that is giving up the least yards per play of any team since 1978, while playing the toughest schedule of any team since 1976.
Ya, it has to be all luck.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:38 pm

McLovin is disappointed in Mill's views on LeBeau being lucky. Sure McLovin expected Woodley and Harrison to garner some easy sacks against a patchwork OL. Sometimes its the players fault Mill not LeBeau's. But aside from the lone TD drive the Bengals did nothing to threaten LeBeau's defense.

Mill is right on in assessing Colbert. McLovin's hatred for him grows by the day. It started last offseason with the OL needs being ignored and continues through this refuckingtarded punter situation. Also, Sweed may not be a special teamer but at least he is getting involved in the passing game even if it was at Holmes' expense.

And a thank gawd shout out to Mill and the rest of you know it alls for recognizing the drops by ALL of our wrs. McLovin can't tolerate a lack of focus like Ward showed jumping for a freaking ball that was at his stomach. Just make the damn catch we're not in the olympics the russian judge isn't going to blow you like Bonnie B Hines!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 pm

I usually defend LeBeau, but the B rating was spot on.

I'm not saying he called a horrible game, but I expected the D to annihilate, embarrass and totally shut down the league's worst offense with a backup QB and no Ocho Cinco. It didn't, but it didn't have to because the Bungles really are that bad. Come to think of it, for their standards, they played fairly well.

Now, maybe LeBeau was holding back or maybe the Bungles had an effective gameplan (get the ball out of Fitzpatrick's hands as fast as possible). Whatever the reason, the Stillers won, and that's all that matters. Next up: handing New England its ass and smacking Matt Cassell around.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Leo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:16 pm

-- I don't share the optimism of some of you regarding the New England game. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but this team has had our number the last few years, with a couple of notable exceptions. Hope I'm wrong of course, but I see Cassel completing about 150 screens and slants against our D, and skewing our Best Defense Ever stats, en route to a W.

-- Agree with McL's criticism of the WRs, including Ward's dumb jump-n-drop.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby smheart78 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I've always wanted to play for the Steelers! All I need to do is go outstide and practice punting for a few hours and I have a real chance to make the team! Hopefully they'll have tryouts come practice day Monday!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby rifraff » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 am

This just in!

Ernster (28.4 punt avg) is dating Colbert's daughter, vows to get average up to 30 yds, maybe keep the ball in the field of play?

Wow, a screen that actually worked and didnt look like a disaster waiting to happen. Parcell coached teams always had some good lookin screen plays I thought?

Wards been droppin a few this season. Love the big smile he's flashing right after the drop, cmon Hines I still believe in u.

Empty backfield w/QB under center. I think its like the run mentality (were runnin try and stop it). Were gonna throw a quick slant, either try and sack the QB or drop back and pick it off, we dare u! Tryed at least twice and Bungle defense failed, try it against NE and see what happens, I dare u!

Return to Stillers Talk