Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » start miwelde moore

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

start miwelde moore

Postby 1fourdathumb » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:08 am

moore runs 10 times harder than willie. he can't seem to stay healthy.. Take a seat willie,i'm officially off ur bandwagon. What did he do pull a hamstring on his only decent run. Seems like the line doesn't block for willie.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: start miwelde moore

Postby El Nino » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 am

well, it looks like it'll happen anyway, willie injured something (again)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby JumboHeadYouks » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:20 am

1fourdathumb wrote:moore runs 10 times harder than willie. he can't seem to stay healthy.. Take a seat willie,i'm officially off ur bandwagon. What did he do pull a hamstring on his only decent run. Seems like the line doesn't block for willie.

I think Gary Russell should split carries with Moore. He is running like a man possessed and he could be the type of bruiser the Steelers need to move the chains consistently. He has all the physical tools.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Russell has been runnin the hell out of that ball and going about it very physical. He's earning the graces of Tomlin who has sort of taken him under his wing this year. The timing is perfect for his light to come on. The fullback trap almost broke last night. If Davis would have had his head up he would have popped that run for bigger yardage. The hole was bit to the outside with one man to beat. I like Moore as a receiver. He shows good timing on the screen. He's been VERY solid for us. Willie was actually running good last week and early in last nights game. He's gonna be back. My main concern is Keisel I hope his knee is ok.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 pm

IMHO....moore is better than parker....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Some things Mewelde does better than Willie and some things Willie does better than Mewelde. We need them both.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 pm

I want them both too but moore is more versatile and can catch a pass....willie seems to be all speed, no big hole ...speed doesn't matter....rather have russel in on short yardage anyway

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:06 pm

LambertoCincoOcho wrote:Some things Mewelde does better than Willie and some things Willie does better than Mewelde. We need them both.

I totally agree.

And it'll be good if Russell continues to get carries. Fresh legs at the end of a season are always a good thing. He can only get better. The RB depth has quietly been the savior of this offense.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:03 pm

1fourdathumb wrote:moore runs 10 times harder than willie. he can't seem to stay healthy.. Take a seat willie,i'm officially off ur bandwagon. What did he do pull a hamstring on his only decent run. Seems like the line doesn't block for willie.

Moore is a better receiving threat, but save injuries he doesn't compare to Willie as a running back. You watch the plays where Moore is busting through the line and it's because there are some gaping holes.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Polished Steel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:58 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:

Moore is a better receiving threat, but save injuries he doesn't compare to Willie as a running back. You watch the plays where Moore is busting through the line and it's because there are some gaping holes.

There are gaping holes when willie is carrying the ball also, he just doesn't seem to have the field vision that moore does. Willie also looks as though a stiff wind could knock him down at times, where moore is struggling for that extra yard. Also, moore is hands down a better receiver. Moore should be the every down back, unless its a short yardage situation, then bring in russell.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Willie Parker when starting:
Steelers 5-1, Parker with three 100 yard games.

Mewelde Moore when starting:
Steelers 4-2, Moore with one 100 yard game.

If you look at the top three RB's from 2006 (Tomlinson, Steven Jackson and Larry Johnson), all three have them have been repeatedly injured over the past two seasons.

Still, I'm not ready to say that any of those 3 guys are done. LT and LJ are older than Parker, so they might not have much time left. But Steven Jackson might be broken down at the tender age of 25 - believe it or not, Jackson has more career carries than FWP.

Some people just try so hard to not be labeled the homer fan and think they see something unique that seems to escape the awareness of other fans. Congrats, another Moore is better than Parker thread for the umpteenth time. What vision and insight. One can always resort to calling him a China Doll when the numbers simply don't support their logic, (or intentions?).

Practice Squad

Postby jbrant » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:21 am

I just thought Will wouldnt hit the holes,i.e. he pussyfooted around. Moore hit them hard. We need our backs to do that.

Practice Squad

Postby PsychoWard » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:10 am

Stillustronic wrote:Willie Parker when starting:
Steelers 5-1, Parker with three 100 yard games.

Mewelde Moore when starting:
Steelers 4-2, Moore with one 100 yard game.

Completely out of context and a shallow statement. You can't be honestly saying that Moore was responsible for EITHER loss.

Moore ran hard against the NYG. 19 carries for 84 years is a solid game against that defense(4.4average). The game was lost because of Arians absolute garbage grab-ass playcalling and Ben's 4 INTs.

He ran less well against Indy but had 6 grabs for 48 yards out of the backfield and 2 goal line rushing TDs. Again, awful playcalling and Turnovers lost that game.

Parker always feasts on weak teams. That is his bread and butter.

I gave Parker the benefit of the doubt for the last 3 seasons. He has lived long enough off of ONE long run.

You can't depend on him for the tough yards in crunch time. He's not a talented pass catcher and can't pick up a blitz. He has no vision at the line, the average play has him running up the ass of his own lineman.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:43 pm

According to the numbers:

Mewelde Moore
GS Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
4 109 9.9 432 4.0 39.3 5 32T 26 23.9 3 0 0

Willie Parker
G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
6 126 21.0 485 3.8 80.8 4 32 21 16.7 1 0 0

Moore is having the better season, and he's healthy. Parker is killing himself by coming back too soon after injury, it's obvious if he's getting hurt every single game he's re-aggravating something. Willie at not 100% doesn't contribute as much as a healthy moore. Moore has better yards/carry, more TD's, first downs, and big plays (3 runs over 20+ compared to willie's 1), despite starting in only 4 games. Not to mention the added dimension moore adds to the passing game. Rest willie and start moore, we're in good hands. If we keep trying to get willie back in the game too soon, it's not good for his long-term health and for his career.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm

We run more screens to Moore...... (I don't know why we don't to Parker..... Maybe he has poor hands or something.) Our offense is more "one-dimensional" with Parker in there.

I'd personally use both players. Fresher backs would be a big advantage in the 4th qtr.........
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:47 pm

An amazing stat- Neither player has fumbled this season...... :o This is like gold...... :surockin:
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:10 pm

StillDodger wrote:An amazing stat- Neither player has fumbled this season...... :o This is like gold...... :surockin:

You realize you probabaly just jinxed that. :suxfingers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 am

Parker obviously hasn't healed totally and should sit until he is healed. Maybe it is partially mental, breking a leg making a cut is something that can stickin your head. Hopefully he can get passed it. Comparing stats this year isn't going to tell you the whole story unless you compare willie this year to previous years. And if you believe that the line isn't blocking for FWP than it is hard to compare. Both backs are solid when healthy I would still give FWP the nod if he was totally healthy. His avg over his career are good and his heart is there when his body and mind are healthy. Moore is a bright spot and a great story and if FWP is unable to get back to form he will continue to do a great job. With the rookie out but coming back next year and Russell playing well we will face a good problem in having a lot of talent at this position unlike the O-Line which totally sucks.

Return to Stillers Talk