Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The rule on the Polamalu touchdown.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

The rule on the Polamalu touchdown.

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

The defense can not advance a lateral they can only recover. The only bad penalty I saw was the one on Ike. Our defense played super yesterday and the Chargers needed a BS penalty to help them reach the end zone.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: The rule on the Polamalu touchdown.

Postby Stillustronic » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:46 am

How about a fumble?

Greenhorned Rookie

The league is fixed just my 2 cents

Postby IhateARIANS » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:10 pm

ITS A TOUCHDOWN, fuck them and FUCK SIMMS.....

Seriously my wish for Christmas is to have Simms in the ring so I can literally beat the piss out of his BIASED bullshit

Steeler Interception "Well I don't know the ball looks like it hit the ground"

Colts reception " His knee is defiantly down it is clearly a catch" When that shit was so bang bang and there has to be indisputable evidence of the call to over come it and it clearly wasn't. Fuck Simms,

Folks what we all need to do is know the NFL is fixed and we can deal with this shit. You know it is. It fucking has to be. Look when we beat Indy how bad they cheated us. It's always about the better story, the league is setting up shit so there is a race till the end. They want all the divisions to be equal, they want to have more fans, they want to globalize, they want $$$$$, they fine everyone that is a true football player. Its absurd I fucking hate goddell, he is the biggest piece of shit ever to run any business.

I'm sorry but I have to feel the super bowl last year was set up as well. There is no way the NFL wanted to see the cheatriots win after discovering how much more shit was really going on with the Cheatriots, (after destroying evidence for no reason) FOR NO REASON, I REPEAT FOR NO REASON, to be undefeated and to be considered the greatest football team to ever live. There would have been an asterisk next to their name. Another FRAUD

We just all have to realize the nfl is fixed. Super Bowl XXX anyone? Remember how bad Dallas was outplayed but still won? Remember Neil O Donnells horrific passes to Brown when NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE WAS AROUND that had black and gold on.

Baddell is ruining America's sport and turning into America's fraud

The fix is in this year we just know who is going to be the champ. Maybe out of no where the Patriots will win it all and then there can be " See the Patriots are the best blah blah, they didn't even need Brady to win the Superbowl." Who fucking knows? Do you honestly think the Tennessee Titans will win the superbowl this year??? I think now, just because who cares about the Titans they are 10-0 and you do not hear ESPN and the rest of the league SUCKING THEIR DICKS like the big bobble head Payton Manning or Billicheat's Patriots. it's always about the best story. HEY FUCK MAYBE THE MANNINGS WILL FACE OFF FOR THE SUPERBOWL, I bet the league is salivating for that to occur.

Once we did get to super bowl XL, that shit was fixed for us as well. Who really wants to see the Seacocks to win a fucking superbowl, it would be bad for the league.
Dynasty in the making..........

We have the pieces to the puzzle.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby kapone » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:03 pm

I agree completely and I've thought about this topic for years. However, that said, don't you think somebody (player or otherwise) would have stepped forward and announced the FIX is in?

I haven't seen it.

I dunno.

Practice Squad

Postby pitts965 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:29 pm

This call was the final straw on the obvious proof showing these refs had a little of the same things going on as that game fixing NBA ref!!!!!!!! Go back and see how many (mistakes?0) they totaled in this game. From the ridiulous calls to the misses to the overturns without conclusive reasons???? Can .you say the fix was on and all the sheriff (Goodall)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:29 pm

The NFL front office fix is in. Ward is a marked man. Roger G. has given his instructions. Dan better stand up.

MAKE SOME BIG SIGNS FOR THURSDAY NIGHT. THROW YELLOW FLAGS VS, TOWELS...SCORE WASN'T 11......10, IT WAS 13-1.

Simms and Nance two big homers for the Commissioner and Patriots need to be embarassed next trip to the Burgh.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 pm

The Ref has admitted the TD should have stood.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:42 am

rule? they should call it the "*cough* bullshit" rule, and put it in the page right after the BS tuck rule

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm

LambertoCincoOcho wrote:The defense can not advance a lateral they can only recover. The only bad penalty I saw was the one on Ike. Our defense played super yesterday and the Chargers needed a BS penalty to help them reach the end zone.

You can advance a lateral if it hits the ground. What NFL games have you been watching? You can not advance an onside kick recovered or a kickoff muff

Yes you can advance a lateral. Here is the rule:

Section 4 Backward Pass and Fumble
Article 1
A runner may pass backward at any time (3-21-4).
(a) An offensive player may catch a backward pass or recover it after the pass touches
the ground and advance.
(b) A defensive player may catch a backward pass or recover it after the pass touches
the ground and advance.

Note: A direct snap from center is treated as a backward pass. A muffed hand-to-hand
snap from center is treated as a fumble by the quarterback.

Practice Squad

Postby steeltank99 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Which makes sense. If the ball goes backward, then it is a "fumble" weather or not the ball hit the ground or not. It's not a forward pass, hence it's basically a fumble.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 am

steeltank99 wrote:Which makes sense. If the ball goes backward, then it is a "fumble" weather or not the ball hit the ground or not. It's not a forward pass, hence it's basically a fumble.

AMEN, we knows we been hosed. and if we miss the playoffs, PLAYOFFS? by a number 8 tie breaker, I hope someone breaks that ref's legs. Course Vito and Guiedo may be on their way to his house now.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:09 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2008/11/22/2008-11-22_all_bets_in_nfl_says_officials_not_fixed.html

Mike Pereira, the NFL's vice president of officiating, is focused on the 120 members of his crew getting the call right and doesn't concern himself with how mistakes impact the betting line.

MYERS' TOP 10 POWER RANKINGS
But, Pereira insists, there is no reason to question the integrity of his officials. After the Tim Donaghy betting scandal in the NBA, there is always going to be suspicion. All leagues must have their radars up to prevent any semblance of impropriety.

Pereira told the Daily News the NFL conducted background checks on every official during this past offseason after the Donaghy fiasco. The checks are usually done periodically. He is not concerned any hanky-panky was going on in Pittsburgh.

Still, it was an oddly officiated game. Green's reversal did not impact the outcome, only the bettors. The crew also called 13 penalties for 115 yards on the Steelers and two for five yards on the Chargers. Pereira said he was told it was the 51st time in NFL history there was such a large discrepancy in penalties.

OUR EXPERTS CALL THE SHOTS
"There is not an official on the field whose background check is not current," he said. "All sports reacted after the NBA situation and checked out people in that area. I don't think about what may or may not happen on the gambling front, but more why it's not right on the field and how we can get it right."

Hochuli incorrectly ruled that Denver's Jay Cutler threw an incomplete pass rather than fumbled with San Diego recovering with 1:14 left on Sept. 14. Even though the call was overturned by replay, possession could not be changed. The Broncos kept the ball, scored a touchdown and added the winning two-point conversion.

Last week, the Steelers were leading 11-10 when Polamalu returned a fumble 12 yards for a touchdown on the final play. The Steelers would have covered the point spread if Green, after watching the replay and confirming it was a touchdown, stuck with his call. But he reversed himself after conferring with three other officials.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:06 am

kapone wrote:I agree completely and I've thought about this topic for years. However, that said, don't you think somebody (player or otherwise) would have stepped forward and announced the FIX is in?

I haven't seen it.

I dunno.

Good point. But then again have you ever heard of or seen anyone from the WWE come forward and admit that professional wrestling is all fake? But you and I know that it is. Don't we?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby gutofsteel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:15 am

While I don't think there is any league-wide conspiracy, a few (if not more) refs could certainly be on the take.

Funny how much stock Periera is putting in those background checks. Probably about as effective as the NFL drug-testing policy. I'm sure refs on the take have checks from the Gambini Corp. deposited directly to their bank account. Nope, I'm sure if there was dirt the NFL's undoubtedly extensive background check (for probably $50 per ref) will catch it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:14 pm

I would venture to say that some refs are intimidated by some big named stars. I can't remember the play but I remember in the Pgh Indy game they threw a flag and Queer Manning went running over to the ref and as soon as he started yapping the flag was picked up. As well as penalties on those big named stars that are overlooked even though the ref is standing right there looking right at the penalty. The S.D. Denver game was an obvious intentional screw up my 6 yr old called that one right before the replay. Last week I can't remember the game but there was an onside kick with only 3 players to that side of the kicker and no penalty. But earlier in the same game they called the penalty on the other team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm

We're just seeing more and more of this stuff. It's becoming clearer each game. The reasons behind it aren't so clear yet but you can bet it's about money.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:26 pm

They want Manning Vs Manning soon then it will be Manning Vs Manning II

Return to Stillers Talk