Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Thursday Game TV

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Thursday Game TV

Postby steelblood14 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:56 pm

I live in the Steuebnville ohio area, and am not priviledged enough to have either the NFL network, or pittsburgh CW, does anyone know if the game will be on the local nbc station as it was a few years ago or do i need to find someone who has nfl network?

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Thursday Game TV

Postby 1fourdathumb » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I WOULD GO TO THE NEAREST SPORTSBAR, OR ASK SANTA CLAUS FOR A SLING BOX. IF YOU HAVE RELATIVES THAT LIVE IN PA., THEY CAN SET IT UP WITH THEIR TV AND U CAN WATCH IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. :cheers:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm

There has to be a AM radio channel that you can pick up and at least listen to the game? You probably don't want to watch the game anyway, they have been looking like crap and listening to the game makes it a little easier to bear. I live near Findlay, Ohio and have two choices of Pittsburgh Steeler radio network channels, but I also have the NFL Network and will be watch'n Thursday nite.
:subngtowl:
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 pm

i think the game will be streamed on nfl.com, incase you can't view it on tv.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby NOVAStiller » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:49 am

Hey guys - 1170am out of Wheeling carries the Stillers broadcast. It's great... I can pick it up down here in VA. After the game I listen to the postgame online on dve.com. Perfect!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:51 am

Get Direct TV you cheap bastards

Practice Squad

Postby christel86 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 pm

:celebrate: u can watch the nfl network games on justin.tv

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:47 pm

McLovin wrote:Get Direct TV you cheap bastards

DirectTV still isn't available to a staggering number of people. In fact, if I remember correctly, it's for that very reason that the government began an investigation to see if the NFL violated one of the conditions in its federal anti-trust exemption (remember, the NFL is by all means a monopoly. Even moreso than Microsoft).

The condition in question was some language stating that the NFL had to give equal access to all its games to everyone in the country. Putting NFL Sunday Ticket on DirectTV potentially violates that since it's limited to people who live in a geographic area that is capable of receiving the satellite signal (not to mention apartment complex dwellers who aren't allowed installing dishes anyways).

Return to Stillers Talk