Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Faneca and Farve bring victory for the Jets

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Faneca and Farve bring victory for the Jets

Postby Hoppy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:14 am

34-31 OT thrilling victory. Jets have superior O and D linemen, very physical play all game. Alan blocked Mayo the rookie linebacker up into the air on the Jets final touchdown.

Farve had a super game and played a flawless 8 minute OT, picking up a 3rd and 15 to start.

Got the game on NFL.com live on my computer, lot of interruptions but it may help you next week for the Black and Gold. Great Promo for Polamalu at the games end. All his greatest hits.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Faneca and Farve bring victory for the Jets

Postby El Nino » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 am

any patriots loss is a good thing, i enjoyed tonight's game and seeing belicheat almost crying in the post game interview.

favre is money, hard not to dislike that guy

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:23 am

El Nino wrote:any patriots loss is a good thing, i enjoyed tonight's game and seeing belicheat almost crying in the post game interview.

favre is money, hard not to dislike that guy

If you're a Steeler fan, this loss was NOT a "good thing"...as hard as that may be to swallow.

Jets now only have Tennessee and potentially Miami left as tough games on their schedule (Buffalo too, but they're well into their mid-season fade-out).

12-4 is very doable for them....13-3 an outside possibility.

And now New England is 6-4 and looking up at a lot of teams. The Nov 30 tilt at Foxboro just got that much harder.

If we're not 8-3 going into the Razor, I predict a tough row to hoe to get to the playoffs.

Steelers' Best Interest last night was a Patriots' win.

Practice Squad

Postby blackbrown&gold » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Jeemie:

With all due respect, I think you have fallen prey to the incessant and continued new england patriot dick sucking that we hear every week, [i.e. "wow, Cassel is great, Bellicheck has pulled off the greatest coaching feat in history with no Brady, the Patriots are great"]

The fact is, the Patriots suck, and have played noone. The media likes to keep very quiet on who the patriots have actually beaten, [read: [hold your breath] Kansas City, the jets [who have also played noone], san francisco, the donkos, the rams, and buffalo at home, teams with a combined record right now of 23-32. if you take the jets and bills out of the equation, the 4 remaining opponents combined record is 10-26.]

If we are afraid of or concerned about losing to the pats, or do lose to the pats, than the issue is a moot point, as we will rightfully suck, and the season will be mailed in anyway. The hope is that it plays out like it should, with us destroying them. Unfortunately, given our unpredictability, you never know what team is going to show up and play these days.

As for the jets, give me a break, they suck, perhaps worse than the patriots. look who they have beaten, [other than a first week win over a decent miami team, noone. and i don't consider arizona as they are joke also, particularly when not in arizona] Added to their string of remarkable wins is the bungals. Jets lose 4 of their next 6, to tennessee, at denver, buffalo and miami. they might even lose at san fran. 12 or 13 wins? your on crack.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 pm

blackbrown&gold wrote:Jeemie:

With all due respect, I think you have fallen prey to the incessant and continued new england patriot dick sucking that we hear every week, [i.e. "wow, Cassel is great, Bellicheck has pulled off the greatest coaching feat in history with no Brady, the Patriots are great"]

The fact is, the Patriots suck, and have played noone. The media likes to keep very quiet on who the patriots have actually beaten, [read: [hold your breath] Kansas City, the jets [who have also played noone], san francisco, the donkos, the rams, and buffalo at home, teams with a combined record right now of 23-32. if you take the jets and bills out of the equation, the 4 remaining opponents combined record is 10-26.]

If we are afraid of or concerned about losing to the pats, or do lose to the pats, than the issue is a moot point, as we will rightfully suck, and the season will be mailed in anyway. The hope is that it plays out like it should, with us destroying them. Unfortunately, given our unpredictability, you never know what team is going to show up and play these days.

As for the jets, give me a break, they suck, perhaps worse than the patriots. look who they have beaten, [other than a first week win over a decent miami team, noone. and i don't consider arizona as they are joke also, particularly when not in arizona] Added to their string of remarkable wins is the bungals. Jets lose 4 of their next 6, to tennessee, at denver, buffalo and miami. they might even lose at san fran. 12 or 13 wins? your on crack.

The Jets are a much different team than they were a couple of weeks ago.

See- I actually WATCH them play games.

They have holes, yes, but they are better- MUCH better- than Denver and San Francisco, are better than Buffalo right now, and are better than Miami (except the Dolphins always play them tough).

As for the Pats- no dick-sucking here. Until they're dead, they're dangerous. Belichick is actually doing a good job actually coaching this year.

Practice Squad

Postby blackbrown&gold » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:26 pm

believe me, Ive watched the jets too. that is why i am not so impressed.

The good thing is that we can wait to see how it plays out. I will gladly eat the crow if i am proven wrong. My prediction, Jets finish 9-7, as do the patriots.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Jets made some expensive veteran additions to their team that are finally beginning to pay off. McLovin thought Favre would flop in NY but he was nothing short of great last night with what McLovin views as average wr's. Hell of a one-handed grab by Cotchery though in first half. Faneca and Ferguson handled Seymour and gave Favre time to throw. Revis is top 3 corner...nobody even throws in that guys direction he's so good. Kris Jenkins is a monster NT and is finally healthy. The Pats are not dead yet but Cassel has no touch on the deep ball limiting the effectiveness of Moss. Pats have sad lot of rbs that should scare nobody. Bottom line is that the Steelers should not fear either of these teams if Fragile Willie and Ben can return to form. McLovin's only other concern...other than the gawd-awful OL with Starks charge with protecting our $100 mil man...is Holmes...this guy shows no fight for the ball and has lost all confidence. Its either the dope or he read too many of his own clippings in the offseason whatever the case the guy owes the team a big game. Chargers terrible pass defense please step forward.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:11 am

Jeemie wrote:If you're a Steeler fan, this loss was NOT a "good thing"...as hard as that may be to swallow.

sorry but I hate the patriots more than the browns and the ravens. which means anytime i see them lose brings fuckin joy to me. not only did the pats knock us out of the playoffs a few times, but my ex gf was from boston/a pats fan which makes me hate them even more

and as much as I hate favre being in the AFC, it's hard to not respect what the guy has done over his career. definitely a future HOF'er

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UKBlackNGold » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:32 am

I've learned one thing from watching extended highlights of this game . . .

Faneca played at half speed for the Steelers last season! :no:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 pm

blackbrown&gold wrote: My prediction, Jets finish 9-7, as do the patriots.

Here are my predictions.

Jets' remaining schedule for 2008:
Sun 11/23 at Tennessee
Sun 11/30 Denver
Sun 12/7 at San Francisco
Sun 12/14 Buffalo
Sun 12/21 at Seattle
Sun 12/28 Miami

I think the 7-3 Jets will win 4 of these and finish 11-5.

Patriots' remaining schedule for 2008:
Sun 11/23 at Miami
Sun 11/30 Pittsburgh
Sun 12/7 at Seattle
Sun 12/14 at Oakland
Sun 12/21 Arizona
Sun 12/28 at Buffalo

I think the 6-4 Patriots will win 5 of these, and finish with the Jets at 11-5.

Steelers' remaining schedule for 2008:
Sun 11/16 San Diego 4:15 pm
Thu 11/20 Cincinnati 8:15 pm
Sun 11/30 at New England 4:15 pm
Sun 12/7 Dallas 4:15 pm
Sun 12/14 at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 12/21 at Tennessee 1:00 pm
Sun 12/28 Cleveland 1:00 pm

I think the 6-3 Steelers win 4 of these and wind up 10-6 and win the division (Ravens have a more brutal finishing schedule and will wind up at 9-7).

I see the Titans going to Superbowl from the AFC.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:51 pm

El Nino wrote:
Jeemie wrote:If you're a Steeler fan, this loss was NOT a "good thing"...as hard as that may be to swallow.

sorry but I hate the patriots more than the browns and the ravens. which means anytime i see them lose brings fuckin joy to me. not only did the pats knock us out of the playoffs a few times, but my ex gf was from boston/a pats fan which makes me hate them even more

and as much as I hate favre being in the AFC, it's hard to not respect what the guy has done over his career. definitely a future HOF'er

So are you saying if by some weird chance we would need a Patriots victory over some AFC team in order the Steelers to make the playoffs, you STILL wouldn't root for the Patriots?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:32 pm

kemo eat u > faneca

Return to Stillers Talk