Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » why did yje stillers stop running the no huddle?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

why did yje stillers stop running the no huddle?

Postby darthsteel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm

hmmm it was practically unstopable for the few weeks they used it alot , then they used it for one series in the giant game. It was never seen again after that, I guess it was being saved for the playoffs.

I guess tomilin will make sure we do things the stillers way, win, lose or draw and no matter how pathetic the offense looks doing it.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: why did yje stillers stop running the no huddle?

Postby Crosby4Life » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:52 pm

They need that time in the huddle so the rest of the offensive guys can remind Ben which team he's supposed to throw to on the next play*.

* I don't hate Ben. I fully expect him to eventually pull out of this funk. I'm just a bit aggravated while I'm waiting for that point.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:15 pm

considering ben was near flawless in the no huddle , whats your point?

are you basically of the belief the stillers should play stiller football whether it works or not because we are the pittsburgh steelers?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm

It was a joke.

Relax.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 pm

The reason they stopped running is? Easy. They were successful at it and it makes sense.

You see, Airhead likes to do stupid shit that everyone knows is coming. He's trying to "impose his will" on the other team. Problem is, he does not have the talent to do that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:35 pm

McLovin is no Sam Wyche but I'm thinking you need an offense that has 11 competent starters. Not to sound like a broken record but there is only so much you can do with Max Starks as your LT. In the PG this morning Arians acknowledged he has changed his play calling due to injuries to key players by that I assume he means Ben and his shoulder. They never throw to Miller when he is healthy. Fragile Willie or no Fragile Willie the Steelers run game scares nobody and Santokio is scared of the ball so Arians although a major moron is kind of screwed no matter what he tries.

Return to Stillers Talk