Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Power Rankings (week 11)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Power Rankings (week 11)

Postby trenches » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Power Rankings (week 11) has been posted by Steel Haven at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 11)

Postby sgt stiller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:32 am

Sans Brady this is probably Belichick's best coaching job.

Not many people would disagree... but the Patriot hatin' blood can't help but to come out of me here. We all know that the Stillers had the hardest schedule in the NFL this year (based on last year's results). NE is the darling of the NFL and during their exceptional play while overcoming all the injuries, I have not once heard the media remind anyone of that fact the Patsies had the easiest schedule of the year. Could be wrong, but when the schedules were announced, did I hear NE had the easiest schedule in NFL history?

They've overcome devastating injuries up and down the line-up, but would Billy-boy be able to keep them at 6-4 if they weren't playing the likes of SF, MIA, KC and STL? Their opponents thus far are double digits below .500 and they've yet to face 2-7 SEA or the fearsome 2-7 Raiders.

Call me a conspiracy theorist (I do), but I thought there was something more than randomness when the undefeated (except for the SB hehe) Patriots drew the easiest schedule of all time for the follow-up season... almost like the NFL was hoping for a repeat performance to drive ratings. As it turns out, they are barely above .500 and are still being hailed as one of the best.

All this long-windedness when I actually agree with the quoted statement. I just think the cake-walk nature of the NE schedule gets overlooked more than it should.

Practice Squad

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 11)

Postby steeltank99 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:52 pm

One thing you are missing is, the schedule is basically pre-determined. You rotate 1 AFC div and 1 NFC div every year. The remaining games are your division and 2 others depending on where you finished on your division. (1 of those being the steelers this year)

The old way used to consider your opponents based on how you did the year before. This way is better, and its luck of the draw.

But I agree, it's bullshit they have cake this year.

Return to Stillers Talk