Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Rank Big Ben among starting QB's in the league

Postby SteelTank » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Romo = Overrated.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm

You say that Romo is "over rated" but you put him in your top ten QBs. Make up your mind. is he a top ten QB or is he a bottom feeder? You just can not make up your mind. First you read a lot of articles about how Mcnabb is great and go with the flow. Not realizig that the only reason that these columnists are saying that he is good is that the last person that made a negative statement about him was fired so even now they still lie to cover any negative statements they may have made in the past. Romo is a choker because he lost 2 Playoff games????? Mcnabb lost 3 NFC Championship games and 1 Super bowl but he is not a choker and he has a lot more experience than Romo. Romo reads D's better has a more accurate arm and is still young enough to improve. Mcnabb can not read a D, is too inconsistant, and is too old and has too big an ego to learn anything.

I am willing to bet Romo wins both games vs Mcnabb and Dallas goes further than Philly.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby gutofsteel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 am

I don't know if I'd call Romo young. He's 28 - 2 years older than Ben.

I've always rated McNabb higher. He's done very well with no receivers and a coach who seems to despise the running game. But what Garcia did when he got hurt definitely gives me pause. When healthy, there are still only a handful of guys I'd take over McNabb: Brady, Manning, Ben, and probably Brees. Jury is still out for me with Romo.

Ben's got the skill guys, finally, but looks like we will have to wait to see him behind a good OL. He's already accomplished a lot and at only 26 the next 5-6 years should be brilliant.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 am

1. Mcnabb is and always will be the most over rated QB in the league.
2. To actually see Ben play behind a good O-Line may require him to be traded.
3. Ben does have things he needs to work on. His deep pass is terrible, when was the last time he hit a receiver in stride? Not too often, and with Ken as a QB coach I can not understand why,
4. I dislike Brady but his accuracy is 2nd to none playing today, though the Giants proved me correct in that he can not handle constant pressure.
5. Eli Mannining, No arm, cant read Ds too well, no leadership, poor communicator, needs speech therapy to help him. If his name wasnt Manning he would have never started in NY.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 am

jstallworth82 wrote:1. Mcnabb is and always will be the most over rated QB in the league.
2. To actually see Ben play behind a good O-Line may require him to be traded.
3. Ben does have things he needs to work on. His deep pass is terrible, when was the last time he hit a receiver in stride? Not too often, and with Ken as a QB coach I can not understand why,
4. I dislike Brady but his accuracy is 2nd to none playing today, though the Giants proved me correct in that he can not handle constant pressure.
5. Eli Mannining, No arm, cant read Ds too well, no leadership, poor communicator, needs speech therapy to help him. If his name wasnt Manning he would have never started in NY.

Ben hit Santonio Holmes deep and in stride against the Rams when he was under pressure in his own endzone :yes: . Should have been a 100+ yard TD but Holmes slowed down :no: .

Practice Squad

Postby jason97673 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:38 pm

jstallworth82 wrote:3. Ben does have things he needs to work on. His deep pass is terrible, when was the last time he hit a receiver in stride? Not too often, and with Ken as a QB coach I can not understand why,

Funny thing is Ben has one of, if not the best deep ball(30+ yards) completion percentages in the league.

Last year he was 8-16. In comparison, guys like Palmer(Who some think actually has a good deep ball) was 7-29. Peyton was 9-22, Brady was 13 of 25(With moss) without Moss Brady's deep ball numbers are horrible, Brees was 7-19, Rivers was 4-22, Eli was 4-24. Romo was 7-14(But those were only 31-40 yards, no 41+ yard passes)

In 2005, Ben was 7-10. 2004 he was 9-24(not too good but better then most), only 2006 was bad where he was 3-21, but he was bad every possible way obviously.

Practice Squad

Postby BuZZmaKeR29 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Mug-Z wrote:
Stillustronic wrote:Palmer's a stat whore in garbage time, in real games he's a bit of a liability.

The latter part of the above sentence describes Big Ben perfectly. Hey, did you see Ben choke in the playoffs last year?! Heck, he's been choking in the postseason since he's been starting in this league. Did you see SB 40!!!! The worse performance by a SB-winning QB in the history of the NFL!!!! What a legacy!!!!

Mug-Z

Bro, you just summed up your lack of sporting knowledge. Winners in any sport are not always numbers whores, what makes them winners is that they find a way to lead their teams to big wins regardless of statistacally good or bad perfomances. What sets them apart is the ability to make a couple of game changing plays happen especially when they are having an "off" day...THEY WIN...without excuses. First of all, we do not make the SB without Ben's performances in the playoffs, but most impressively, when the pressure was on he pulled big plays out of his ass. I'll take that guy over the guy who puts up numbers but shrinks when the big game is one the line (calling Romo, calling Palmer...). I can't think of any play in the first half when our offense was sputtering that was more of a catalyst for our spirits the rest of the game than the 3rd and 8 miles pass to Hines at the 1 yard line. Big play.

Oh yeah...one more thing...I guess you would rather have a QB with sparkling numbers losing a SB than one with poor numbers but willed a team to win one?

Assclown.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk