Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Time so sit Big Ben

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Time so sit Big Ben

Postby big kole » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Its time to sit Ben.Two weeks in a row and actually longer that hes been ineffective.Whether its the shoulder or what ever its time to give Lefty a shot.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Time so sit Big Ben

Postby indysteel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Why?

Don't be confused by Lefty's performance last week. Give that clown a week or two and we'll be calling for his head too.

They just suck right now. Everyone keeps talking rest Ben for the playoffs -- WTF?? Are you kidding me? How about we are tied with the Ravens right now. How about this team going right off a cliff and going on some losing streak. For crying out loud.

DID IT DAWN ON ANYONE THAT PERHAPS WE DON"T HAVE MUCH TALENT?

I'll tell you this --- those fat ass bitches they call an O-line.....just plain suck.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UncleDick » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Wins we used to get because of him are turning into loses because of him. Im tired of the fucking press confrences where he says "This loss is on me". No fucking shit. The only one who does see it is Tomlin.

The Defense is super bowl caliber and the coach is scared to hurt his 100 million dollar Qb's ego. It doesnt matter if he is hurt or not, sit his ass. 2 things you never do, throw an INT before the half and at the end of a game when you are leading, both of which were done today.
5 yard passes with 30 fucking seconds left and you are at midfield, cut me a fucking break if you cant throw the ball down the field put in someone who can.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Maybe he took the points....................

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UncleDick » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:27 pm

indysteel wrote:Why?

Don't be confused by Lefty's performance last week. Give that clown a week or two and we'll be calling for his head too.

They just suck right now. Everyone keeps talking rest Ben for the playoffs -- WTF?? Are you kidding me? How about we are tied with the Ravens right now. How about this team going right off a cliff and going on some losing streak. For crying out loud.

DID IT DAWN ON ANYONE THAT PERHAPS WE DON"T HAVE MUCH TALENT?

I'll tell you this --- those fat ass bitches they call an O-line.....just plain suck.

I agree about the oline. Max Stark is fucking pathetic. He makes me fucking sick.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:47 pm

INDYSTEEL you are wrong. dead wrong....completely wrong....totally wrong. last week we would have lost against the skins if we didnt bench ben. this week we COULD have won if we benched ben.

ben is now costing us games due to playing very injured....you gotta wonder...would we have lost to the eagles with leftwich in as qb? .....ben was totally ineffective against eagles yet we were still in it till the last minute. one good drive for a TD by byron in the eagles game if we put him in and we would have won. ben was horrific that game.

what about giants game....could have won that one easily ......with leftwich in we could have won that one too.

I THINK BEN IS THE GREATEST QB IN THE NFL

but hes injured...shellshocked too....

If leftwich was our starter we could easily be 9 - 0 right now.

EASILY.

and trust me....i think leftwich was always crap...and ben is a god.....

but our team is SO good that we could be undefeated now except for QB play.

period.

end of sentence

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:INDYSTEEL you are wrong. dead wrong....completely wrong....totally wrong. last week we would have lost against the skins if we didnt bench ben. this week we COULD have won if we benched ben.

ben is now costing us games due to playing very injured....you gotta wonder...would we have lost to the eagles with leftwich in as qb? .....ben was totally ineffective against eagles yet we were still in it till the last minute. one good drive for a TD by byron in the eagles game if we put him in and we would have won. ben was horrific that game.

what about giants game....could have won that one easily ......with leftwich in we could have won that one too.

EASILY.

period.

end of sentence

I agree with everything you say.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Homer J you are a scholar and a gentleman. 8-)

Practice Squad

Postby Elegy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:INDYSTEEL you are wrong. dead wrong....completely wrong....totally wrong. last week we would have lost against the skins if we didnt bench ben. this week we COULD have won if we benched ben.

EASILY.

period.

end of sentence

Good stuff, Ben's the man, but he's a liablility right now, Tomlin needs to bench him now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm not watching next week's game if leftwich isn't the starter. watching ben this year has been nothing but painful to watch.

we paid this guy a shitload of money and he's on pace to throw more interceptions than touchdowns this year

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Its not bens fault nino...hes a baller...he will play as long as they let him. he got a separated shoulder in the first game of the season...on his throwing arm.

then he got a thumb injury....not to mention holding on to the ball so long hes been sacked a million times......

time to start lefty but dont think ben isnt a stud star...he is...but hes injured multiply

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but something obviously isn't right with him this year. If he's too injured to produce, maybe he needs to sit for the good of the team. Right now is the first time since the kordell stewart era I literally hold my breath every time he drops back to pass, expecting a sack or interception.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 pm

separated throwing shoulder since first game

torn thumb in throwing hand

hes messed up

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 pm

Fellas --

I may be wrong and maybe not. Can't argue with the team's record. Also, I too like Ben.

However, all I was saying is let's not get to excited to wash Lefty's nutbag for him. He played well against the Skins. And I don't doubt he is a good backup QB. And I further don't doubt that, at times, he can play better than Ben.

However, there is a reason as to (a) why he was available; (b) why he is NOT STARTING for us regardless of Ben's health; and (c) why Jacksonville let him go.

Now, should he have played this week instead of Ben? Perhaps. A healthy Lefty is probably better than a non-healthy Ben. However, we really have no way of knowing what REALLY is the matter with Ben. So, you gotta think that Tomlin would have the inside scoop to know best. What he does, or doesn't do with it, is another matter.

Finally -- we can't put this ALL at Ben's feet. I agree the INTs hurt; however, we can also ask:

1. WHO IN THE HELL was supposed to cover the RB on the last TD by Indy?

2. Why Ike can never seem to actually catch the ball instead of tipping it?

3. Why can't Troy intercept the ball and return it for a TD -- again, like Ike, slipped through his hands.

4. Etc...etc...etc...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

indysteel wrote:Fellas --

However, there is a reason as to (a) why he was available; (b) why he is NOT STARTING for us regardless of Ben's health; and (c) why Jacksonville let him go.

The answer to both a and b is c.

The answer to c is injury problems. I see no problem with starting the guy based on that.

indysteel wrote:1. WHO IN THE HELL was supposed to cover the RB on the last TD by Indy?

2. Why Ike can never seem to actually catch the ball instead of tipping it?

3. Why can't Troy intercept the ball and return it for a TD -- again, like Ike, slipped through his hands.

4. Etc...etc...etc...

1. That really seemed like a blown coverage...I said before the snap to the other guys "there's no one on the left at all".

2. A complete mystery...although noone on this team seems to be any good at getting meaningful game-changing picks. Except maybe pola, who's had 2. :?

3. No one seems to understand this play. When looked at closely, it's quite obvious that Dallas Clark did an excellent job playing db and breaking up the pass "intended" for pola.

4. Mostly luck, quite honestly. Other than that 2nd half opening drive which made me break a glass.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:13 am

indysteel wrote: However, there is a reason as to (a) why he was available; (b) why he is NOT STARTING for us regardless of Ben's health; and (c) why Jacksonville let him go.

The reason is that Lefty is immobile, was 270 pounds, and had recurrent ankle injuries. Hurt three years in a row.

But now, for the time being, he's healthy. He's got a rifle. And he makes quicker reads than Ben.

He won't be here next year, Indy. We all know that. Everybody saw what he did Monday night against the Skins with his 145.8 quarterback rating. He's 28 years old. He's healthy again. Somebody will sign him for more money than the Steelers can afford under the cap.

So if ever there was a case of playing someone - and not worrying if the wheels fall off - it's now and with Lefty.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

Why not sign Lefty...play him and see if he repeats his performance...Cowboys, Redskins AND 5 OTHER TEAMS WILL GRAB HIM. ONE BEING THE BUNGELS.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Hoppy wrote:Why not sign Lefty...play him and see if he repeats his performance...Cowboys, Redskins AND 5 OTHER TEAMS WILL GRAB HIM. ONE BEING THE BUNGELS.

Salary cap. We won't have the money. The hundred-million we're paying Ben, and some of the other big contracts certainly take care of that. We can't spend for a second string quarterback what other teams would pay for a first.

There's simply not gonna be enough money left under the cap to compete for Lefty, especially if he succeeds.

Greenhorned Rookie

My 2 cents

Postby IhateARIANS » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 pm

I just wanted to start off by stating that I am a big follower of Stillers.com, I love it, I love the analysis and articles. I have been reading for years. I actually use to post as well under a different name. I do want to say Mills is harsh on the defense because I have no clue what he is actually looking for, I assume 0 points every game, which would be great, however, unrealistic. I felt it's time for me to start posting because I need to vent as much possible over this OFFENSIVE dog shit. Honestly, I am sick to my stomach, I hate losing, but I do somewhat let it go after a short period of time. BUT, this game makes me want to bitch-slap dick head Arians and Ben Roethlisberger, because I know what it means to be hurt and help your team out. Being a huge asset to a team, I've been around and I also had to deal with injuries and watch my team play, it blows, but however, a time comes when BEN needs to grow up and SAY HEY I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR MY TEAM, and not for myself. Is Ben a man that can deal with his pride? We soon will find out, what he is truly made of. I think BEN is a great quarterback when healthy, it is obvious the guy is hurt, he sucks, he is making terrible, terrible decisions with the ball, horrific reads on coverages, terrible duck passes, showing a weak ass sissy arm on under thrown deep balls that resembles a Berger punt. YOU NEVER EVER SEE THE fuck run for a first down EVER! Honestly, I never miss a game, but I feel I may vomit if I even hear Ben is starting, I may however compromise and only watch the Steeler defense play because at least they play with heart and pride and do what is best for the team.

I know you can always point the finger on the QB and coaches when times go bad, well times aren't really that bad, we still are 6-3, but FUCK, we should be at least 8-1, atop of the AFC breathing down Tennessee, but because of a selfish prick in Ben, we sit here at 6-3. What needs to happen for me to respect Mike Tomlin, is have the BALLS to bench a 100 million dollar quarterback and play LEFTY. On the real note, if LEFTY was to go in and SUCK SO BAD AND BLOW THE GAME NEXT WEEK, I will live with it, I really would. HOW WOULD ANYONE ON HERE LOVE TO MAKE 600k to sit on the BENCH??? We are paying HIM 600K, let the FUCK go out there and manage the game, because BEN surely should either SHOOT ROIDS INTO HIS SHOULDER OR QUITE FOOTBALL AND GO SMOKE CRACK WITH GARFIELD.

Alright, even venting, I feel 1000 times better right now. I just can't fathom Ben's ability to play the game and ARIANS PUSSY JUNK PLAY CALLING = Ex- Cleveland Brown constituent, enough fucking said, the guy couldn't hack it for them BUMS.

P.S. Did anyone see Kansas City 2 point conversion try? That weak junk is defiantly some bullshit junk Arians would try to run in that situation.
Dynasty in the making..........

We have the pieces to the puzzle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:57 pm

byron was sitting home for a reason a few months ago.1 solid half and people want to sign him to a lifetime contract :wow:

I think bens hand is a much bigger issuee then the shoulder, he was playing fine when it was just the shoulder.I think he is doing what he normally does but the ball is not getting to where he exspects it to go probably do to the combo of the shoulder and hand.

I would not be surprised if tomlin shuts ben down for awhile and says they thought ben could play through this ,but obviously its affecting his passing game to the point where its a detrament to the team.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk