Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Ben's shoulder

Postby steelmoney » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Any idea when the MRI results are due?

Stillers.com Team

Re: Ben's shoulder

Postby Nel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:21 pm

The MRI shows no change from earlier in the season, so he can probably play.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 pm

Ok Banged up Ben can play but should Steelers let him? Clearly he has been in a bit of a passing slump lately albeit against a stout Giants defense and a top 10 defense in the Skins. McLovin on the fence on this one. Are the posters correct in that Ben should rest his banged up body for a week and let Baby Huey dismantle his long time rival in the Colts? I say Ben too big of a competitor to sit this out he's going to play and why not he is getting paid over $100 mil. McLovin says be like Smith-Barney and eeeeeeeearn it!

Practice Squad

Postby wrknstiff » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 pm

IMHO,Let Ben rest a little.Players play with injuries all the time,Admirable as it may be,when it starts to effect your performance that it hurts the team more than helps,and with Lefty seeming to be able to fill in adequately at this time,then Ben should sit and heal as much as possible when he can because we'll definitly need him in the playoffs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SnatchSacker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm

McLovin wrote:Ok Banged up Ben can play but should Steelers let him? Clearly he has been in a bit of a passing slump lately albeit against a stout Giants defense and a top 10 defense in the Skins. McLovin on the fence on this one. Are the posters correct in that Ben should rest his banged up body for a week and let Baby Huey dismantle his long time rival in the Colts? I say Ben too big of a competitor to sit this out he's going to play and why not he is getting paid over $100 mil. McLovin says be like Smith-Barney and eeeeeeeearn it!

I think they need to sit Ben. He needs a little time to rest. Who knows, maybe he will see what happens when you get rid of THE FUCKING BALL.... 1) You will take less hits/sacks/lost yardage. 2) You take some pressure off your suspect OL.

Just wondering.........

McLovin = STD?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby gutofsteel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Watched it again. Ben actually played pretty well. They dropped 6 passes, Miller fell on another play that led to Ben being sacked, and then you have that tipped interception. That makes it tough for a QB to find a rhythm. WAS came with 6 and 7 man rushes repeatedly and Ben was finding the open receivers and putting the ball where it had to be.

Catch the ball and no one is talking about all Ben's "shortcomings" and might be pretty positive about how the team handled all the blitzes.

There were at least two miscommunications with Holmes. That's concerning given how long these two have been together now (and we've seen a few with Ward, including one against NYG on a pick). That's a legit problem, and given two vets I'd lean toward Ben being at blame there. Of course, Ward has also been guilty of numerous illegal formation / false start penalties this year. So maybe there's something about Arians offense that isn't quite right (which would be shocking, I know).

Return to Stillers Talk