Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Dropped passes

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Dropped passes

Postby SNW » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Anyone have an official count. I'd say at least 8 maybe 10 depending on what you consider catchable.
Oh, that's in the 1st half. No wonder Ben decided to sit the second half, no one wanted to play with him.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Dropped passes

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm

There were certainly enough of them but Ben wasn't able to put anything on the ball and passes were not getting there fast enough. Ben is definitely hurt more than he is admitting. He needs to sit out a game or so before he gets the really serious injury. Better to sit now than in Dec or Jan. Better to sit 1 -2 games than 1 -2 seasons.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 pm

jstallworth82 wrote:There were certainly enough of them but Ben wasn't able to put anything on the ball and passes were not getting there fast enough. Ben is definitely hurt more than he is admitting. He needs to sit out a game or so before he gets the really serious injury. Better to sit now than in Dec or Jan. Better to sit 1 -2 games than 1 -2 seasons.

i agree. if he's banged up to the point that he can't even move his right shoulder to celebrate, he's not good to go and needs to get himself healed up.

we should consider starting him for as many games in order for ben to get healthy again, we're gonna need him healthy for the playoffs. i have faith in leftwich as the backup to win us a few games while ben's getting his needed rest and rehab.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 am

El Nino wrote:i agree. if he's banged up to the point that he can't even move his right shoulder to celebrate, he's not good to go and needs to get himself healed up.

we should consider starting him for as many games in order for ben to get healthy again, we're gonna need him healthy for the playoffs. i have faith in leftwich as the backup to win us a few games while ben's getting his needed rest and rehab.

Wat happened to Ben the Scrambler? he must be so hurt he cant dive or even slide for first downs.. as soon as Leftys pocket starts collapsing and he throws up ducks were gonna be calling on another Duck. DIXON TIME!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 pm

McLovin said in game post that somebody needs to teach Holmes to fight for the ball the way he does his dope...he has no fight in him unless he's slapping around one of his ho's over child support. McLovin hopes Holmes contract not extended. He has regressed badly this year after showing deep threat promise last year.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby gutofsteel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 am

In the first half, I counted 6 drops (3 were flat out awful) and 2 miscommunications with Holmes on hot routes (at least one had to be his fault). Miller also fell down on a play when Ben was about to throw it to him and instead took a sack. Then you have two other plays where Stapleton let his guy push him in the backfield and get his hands up to tip the ball (which Max then was afraid to touch, allowing a pick) and on another Hartwig let his man drive him right into Ben's throwing lane so Ben had to pull that one down and got sacked. But, for the most part, the OL did it's job. Had to re-watch to determine that, but Ben also played quite well. This game is mostly on Holmes having one of the worst halves of football I've seen, at least from the Steelers. Must be what CLE feels like watching BE.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:36 am

gutofsteel wrote: Must be what CLE feels like watching BE.

Good example Santokeo and Braylon were rising stars who just burned....bad joke sorry it's early for McLovin. Braylon is a mess. The guy had 16 touchdowns last year he barely has 16 catches this year.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Ben does not have an injury that is going to quickly heal. Consider he hurt himself in week 1 and in week 9 he is still nursing the same injury and just reaggravated it. If you want him to sit until he's healthy he will miss the rest of the regular season.

So be careful in what you're promoting after watching a 1st round bust attempt 10 passes in half a game. I seem to remember Mike Tomczak coming in and doing quite well resulting in Kordell Stewart benchings. Then he would start the next few games and absolutely suck.

Leftwich is a backup and was on the market in August for a reason. And it has nothing to do with his ankle.

Return to Stillers Talk