Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Arians

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Arians

Postby smheart78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:59 am

Still, Always look forward to your post.
Considering that no coordinator can come up with play designs for all downs and situations, Arians simply must select the best from the few options he has. Inevitably, there will be a few 'less than optimum' routes for player X and/or O. I'm sure the general play must be adhered to in the huddle as to avoid confusion. We all know or of heard of the limited offensive plays for the Stiller offense. The question is: are the plays limited due to the talent/memory on the feild and not getting it right in practice, or the general play designs of Arians?

Dick LeBeau still received a grade A for this game.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Arians

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 pm

smheart78 wrote:Still, Always look forward to your post.
Considering that no coordinator can come up with play designs for all downs and situations, Arians simply must select the best from the few options he has. Inevitably, there will be a few 'less than optimum' routes for player X and/or O. I'm sure the general play must be adhered to in the huddle as to avoid confusion. We all know or of heard of the limited offensive plays for the Stiller offense. The question is: are the plays limited due to the talent/memory on the feild and not getting it right in practice, or the general play designs of Arians?

Dick LeBeau still received a grade A for this game.

And what would make you believe that Dick should get anything but? Hell this Defense has been relentless. Any problems are players not making the right plays not due to schemes. But CERTAIN people here do not agree. I know most of you believe everything CERTAIN people write. I agree with some but can not fathom why DL is being criticized. Ben gets a passer rating of 15 and everyone goes defensive. Everyone in the Pregame , during the Game, and on the Post game praised DL over and over again but they know nothing. No other DC can boast such record oer so many years. Bit according to Mill we need to fire him and hang him

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Arians

Postby McLovin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:34 pm

McLovin likes Mills writing for the most part but he can't fathom the Dick bashing. Bash Arians all you want hell my 1 year old knows Arians is horrible but Dick? "C'mon Man"....Steelers have 32 sacks compared to 36 all of last year. Steelers #1 in pass defense by an overwhelming margin something like 160 ypg that's insanely good especially without an elite corner on the roster. This is Dick's 8th year here...his 7 previous defenses all in top 10 for total defense. McLovin also can't fathom the criticism of Farrior...he's going to make the pro bowl in a league full of good MLBs. McLovin critical of Dick not starting Timmons but who on this site isn't?McLovin criticizes the long term signing of Farrior somewhat given other needs on the team but currently not many LBs McLovin would want leading this truly impressive defense.

Return to Stillers Talk